News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pip Pip, Tally Ho - Talk Like a Land Lubber

Started by DaveL, March 07, 2008, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyderm

And could you ask Cook if the trifle is set? Can't be having afternoon tiffin without a trifle.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Opsa

...and remind her about the capers. We don't want another incident.

The Meromorph

I would really like to be sure the squidlings are in the moat this time, and not in the trifle...
I spilled a bottle of crusted port last time!
Dances with Motorcycles.

DaveL

Oh Huzzah! I do believe September 20 is TLALL Day!. Have a most most joyous day speaking in a fashion that seperates you from the masses.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Opsa

Eau confound it all, I forgot. And I was going to be so clever.

Black Bart

My word one's seen dreadful goings on in the Shrubbery...Lady Chatterly's Lover's got nothin on it!
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Opsa

Oooh, quick, Jeeves, run and fetch my opera glasses!

So nice to see you, Lord Bartholomew. And how was Greece?

Black Bart

Greece?

I thought John Travolta was rubbish!

Opsa

Yes, well, he always is though, isn't he? But rally, I thought you might have taken your yacht out for a whirl around the Grecian Islands. I was hoping you'd brought a drop of Ouzo along with you. In which case I was going to suggest throwing a little fennel in with the roast.

Bluenose

*emerges from behind the bushes, walks nonchalantly towards Lady Opsa and Lord Bartholomew*

*one of the servant girls emerges a few moments later and scurries off, looking rather flustered*

Oh, I say Lady Opsa, where have you been hiding me old school chum Bartie?

Bartie, so good to see you!  Did you manage to sort out that thing with those lawyer fellows? Bit of a rum affair, if I do say so myself.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

The Meromorph

Did some-one say RUM, what?
I'd like a shot of that in some IPA, please...
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

Naturally, we've just had some flown in from Inja.

Not too much before dinner, gentlemen- don't want anyone to get "Inja'd"!

(Snort, snort) Eau, how I do make myself titter...

Black Bart

Anyway the youngest is orf to Hogwarts for his heducashun don't cha know...he's very good at physical heducashun so I henquired how much they charge for sport there...they said a Quid each.

Opsa

It's highway robbery, I tell you. Certainly they can make an exception for Little Lord Bartholomew, III. A scholarship ought to be available to those owning less than three castles. I mean really- the little one you have on the Riviera could hardly be cawled a castle. It's only got seven bathrooms.

Black Bart

Quite rightly Earl Tau one chose to ignore one's little Quidditch joke there...oh well...Not everyone's familiar with the High Octane adventure of Harry Potter, preferring, as does Lady Bart, the soothing tales of romance from the likes of Barbara Cartland and Stephen King.