News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pip Pip, Tally Ho - Talk Like a Land Lubber

Started by DaveL, March 07, 2008, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

Did somebody say Tanqueray?  I do feel I'd rather like a pink gin about now!  Lets's stop all this bally running around in the sun and playing at tennis, after all, it is just a game - not something important, like cricket...
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

DaveL

Make mine Tangueray a Rajpur Gin, Jeeves, my palate needs  some relief after all that Devonshir tea.  Chop chop man!
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Bluenose

Oh, hello Sir DaveL, I say, you didn't happen to see what hapened to my former tennis partner did you old boy?  I never did find out her name, pity really, I was rather planning a little assignation with her later on down in the folly by the lake. *nudge* nudge* *wink* *wink*
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

Yew are naughty, old thing!

I wonder, could we have the pool boy run these grouses down to Cooky? They'd make a right smashing supper, provided we still have truffles and that amusing little Viognier I picked up in Nice last year.

The Meromorph

Oh dear, Lady Opsa. I'm afraid my cook wouldn't even pluck the grouse until they've been hung by their tailfeathers for at least a week. Dashed bad form to eat fresh grouse, doncherknow?
I think we have a few ptarmigan I shot at his highness's earlier this month... They should be good garnished with little robins, and larks. Very pretty, too. I'll break out some crusted port, if it hasn't escaped again.
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

Oh dear, I'm afraid you're correct as usual, Lord Mero. Perhaps my blue blood hasn't quite made it back up to my aristocratic skull after all that exercise. The ptarmigan would be quite appropriate for this season, I should think. But I still haven't the faintest idea what we shall do for pudding. Advice?

Bluenose

If I may be so rude as to interupt there my lady Opsa, but there can only be one pudding to have after ptarmigan.  Nanny always said there's nothing quite like a bit of spotted dick after a good stuffed bird.  She always tittered when she said that, for some reason...

pieces o nine

Excellent suggestion, Lord Bluenose! Your nanny was spot-on with that one! Spotted dick helps settle the digestion and is a sovereign sleep-aid, indeed.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

The Meromorph

Will there be custard with the Spotted Dick?

And, if there is...

Can I have two lumps, please.  :fireworks_smile:
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

The Meromorph

*** after several attempts - I'm not touching that one! ***
Dances with Motorcycles.

DaveL

Oh goody, did someone utter dessert? My it's been such a busy day, laying about in leisure, while my servants work my vast estate for the 'smell of an oily rag'.

I've got a hankering for a nice big bannana split myself! Awfully novel those bananas. They brought them in from the colonies you know.  Unfortunately, they are a tad over ripe by the time they reach England. Darn things are nearly rotten, but they taste delicious all the same! Very exotic!

One of these days they'll invent cold store refirgeration and I'll get ripe fruit from The Indies from a large containerised ship!!

Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

pieces o nine

"One of these days they'll invent cold store refirgeration and I'll get ripe fruit from The Indies from a large containerised ship!!"

Egad, what a droll idear, my dear Lord DaveL! One shudders to think of the lower classes thrown en masse  into unemployment, what with so much additional time on their hands from not running back and forth to the hill country for blocks of ice. Entire economies might collapse, eh what?
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

The Meromorph

When one's occupation is being a Lord, can one actually be 'unemployed'?
Dances with Motorcycles.

Bluenose

...Oh my goddnes no, Lord Mero, the very idea!  I rather think lady Pieces was talking about the lower classes.  You know, those ones who work for a living.  I'm sorry, I feel sullied by the very thought...

<looks around for a servant>

I say!  You there! 

Go get me another pink gin to wash this bad taste out my mouth.  That's a good fellow!