News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The market direction is...

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), May 27, 2008, 05:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on September 18, 2008, 06:06:32 PMI bailed at 08:15 and 1 second this morning. Maybe they had to do it, but their reputation for conservative management is shot.

I guess you had to bail if they are no longer conservative  ;) ;)  :goatflag:

But what to do with the dosh? under the mattress seems best
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

I shall donate to the starving politicians charity.  If I can find one that starves them.
The angels have the phone box

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Help is on its way.  Vince Cable for Chancellor !!!!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Black Bart

Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 19, 2008, 12:32:36 PM

I quite like Vince...he comes round to my house sometimes...

I don't let him in though.
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

ivor

Teh markit be wavin' like Peg leg Sally whilst ya slap her huge arse!

Aggie

Ayuh.  Caught UYG near the bottom with a limit order and am now considering what a good exit price will be.  Have stops set for a reasonable profit just in case she drops.

I have the feeling all these emergency measures are just going to hurt worse in the long run, though. 
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

The adrenalin shot to the hearth plus the tracheotomy will leave scars but at least the patient didn't die on the table. Still on the ICU though. Washington Mutual seems to be the next in the list for a takeover according to the news.

Yesterday Colbert interviewed a lady from msnbc and -after she suggested the mantra of diversification- Colbert asked her about gold; she opened her eyes in a very meaningful way while giving the generic explanation on metals. If I read her correctly her faced said "if things don't turn around soon that will be the only thing left".

Or perhaps I'm crazy.  :mrgreen:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

Gold crazy.  It's your inner pirate speaking.  :wwg:

My better half grabbed onto a Canadian palladium mining company near last week's metal (and TSX) lows.  It's gone up about 30% since, and I think she's looking to hold it long.  400% would not be impossible if PMs make another run for the top. I am a big palladium bull, but it's a major pain to trade physical Pd.

(note: We play very modest sums, so these large percentages add up to relatively few dollars.  Keeps the losses down too - we consider it "training" for later).
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Black Bart on September 19, 2008, 01:41:32 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 19, 2008, 12:32:36 PM

I quite like Vince...he comes round to my house sometimes...

I don't let him in though.

I had to do a three point turn a few weeks ago. Imagine my surprise ( I sooooo like that phrase) when I discovered I was doing it right outside Vince Cable's headquarters. They looked very shut, quite dilapidated despite fresh white paint, and rather sort of squashed. Good to see no money being wasted on vanity or puffed up importance. Must be a plus point. On the other hand, it looked more like the sort of place which would front a charity to improve village greens in Midsomer than somewhere that would assist in government of an Internationally Viable Empire !

I could have sworn Bart had a blue hat two seconds ago
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

Talking of which did you see Sir Victor Blank of Lloyds turn up in his little G-Wizz electric car to bail out HBOS?  Just goes to show where saving £8 a day on the congestion charge can get you.

By the way, is this U.S. toxic bank going yet? I'd like to offload a few billion before they spot the flaw in the plan.
Who's doing their logo?

The angels have the phone box

Aggie

Dooooown we go again, at least until the bailout bill passes, then a temporary bounce maybe.

Ah well, I made $500 on UYG and unloaded my (Canadian) bank stocks while they were up in the black.  It's looking like my oil stuff might get another run here.
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

Amazing that Wall Street assumed that Congress was just going to let the US citizenry bend over and take it with no condom, KY or even a kiss...

Paulson and Bernanke and their pet monkey in the WH can go commit dire acts of rectal penetration upon one another with a chainsaw before that'll happen.
This sig area under construction.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

They didn't have much of a chance, it was that or let the global economy fall like a card castle. What bothers me is that there hasn't been the slightest hint of punishment to those crazy greedy bankers from the FED, congress or the candidates.

Bailing out the banks was a necessity but why not charge the idiots with something and lock them in a cell with no AC for the next 20 years? Ahh! yes, because they are the biggest donors to the campaigns of senators and presidents alike.
:snark: :stick: :explode:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

They're apparently looking to profit out of this, too.  >:(
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay