News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The market direction is...

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), May 27, 2008, 05:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Bart

What we a need is a New Magna Carta.

King John was justly humiliated and brought to book before the Barons of the land way back in 1215.  We gather together all the world's errant bankers at Runnymede, show them a big scroll with a big seal on it and then kick the living shit out of them.
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Still very much like the idea of battle royale. And they can win a better/bigger weapon by agreeing to release all their funds. Of course, the battle would have to last longer than 24 hours.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Black Bart on September 24, 2008, 02:34:49 PM

King John was justly humiliated and brought to book before the Barons of the land way back in 1215.  We gather together all the world's errant bankers at Runnymede, show them a big scroll with a big seal on it and then kick the living shit out of them.

It should be called the Magner Carta to indicate it is bigger and better.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 24, 2008, 04:45:31 PM
Quote from: Black Bart on September 24, 2008, 02:34:49 PM

It should be called the Magner Carta to indicate it is bigger and better.

I like where you're going, but remember that talk of scrolls an seals an such triggers a lot of knee-jerk apocalyptic thinking in the very parts of the Land of the Free Markets and the Home of the Brave Deregulations where these bankers and brokers have been permitted to hold dominion for so long.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Black Bart

Oh yes...they'll be getting some Knee Jerking alright!

What about:'; The Magnum Carta' and everyone has to wear a huge moustache for the ceremony:

Magnum:

She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

pieces o nine

Ew.

Oi prefers this type ov  Magnum  Carta.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677