News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Word definition game

Started by Swatopluk, September 23, 2007, 11:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyderm

scrumshaw

carved bone depicting the glorious moment when William Webb Ellis cheated so dramatically at football.

zythepsary
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Aphos

zythepsary  a store which sells placebos to hypochondriacs

cookles
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Swatopluk

cookles
1. special safety googles for using during cooking or during cookie fights
2. anti-cookie software

pachtoleg
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

pachtolegs :  three legged elephant race

castrovalva
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

castrovalva
1. A Cuban designer label
2. Plumbing in castles

serracone

pieces o nine

serracone   (N) An A-frame shaped greenhouse.

blasfilmy
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Blasfilmy  TMproduct available in spray cans for covering undesirable people with a coating to prevent them perverting others

quopworthy
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aphos

quopworthy  a person rewarded for shaving their head bald - rewards usually consist of hats or head scarves to hide said bald head

wooterwill

Swatopluk

wooterwill
1. the nerdy cousin of the Whippoorwill
2. The will of the wOOt-er

crongue

Opsa

crongue- a cramping of the oral cavity caused by fits of high-pitched cackling. Shortened from the Old English: Crone's tongue.

susplishion

Griffin NoName

susplishion   a competitive game played by law enforcement officers to stop and search the highest number of citizens during each shift; officially banned but epidemic

worglemuzzling
Psychic Hotline Host

Aphos

worglemuzzling  the act of placing duct tape across the mouth of a worgle

worgle  an Australian version of a hobbit, known for its inability to SHUT UP!!!

wenterfare

Pachyderm

Wenterfare: retail term, the undignified morass of people struggling to get the bargains in the sales thirty seconds after Christmas

kentledge
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Griffin NoName

kentledge  a structure built to support the weight of tennis players while approaching the Royal Box at Wimbledon; this term was first used in June 2008

riposuction
Psychic Hotline Host

pieces o nine

riposuction  [N] An X-treme form of liposuction favored by world-class bodybuilders. Although officially banned, underground riposuction clinics help competitors plagued by less-than-perfect genetics and metabolisms to achieve long-term results and physiques that are "ripped" to top-flight competition standards.

creviss
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677