News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Dream Monastery: Land vs. Location

Started by Aggie, August 07, 2010, 03:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Yeah but as a German there are too many excellent translations available to me. On the other hand Germans are the people most eager to learn Icelandic in the world (though LazyTown might have shifted that to the English). As I got it from a tour guide, few Norwegians learn the language, foreigners trying are usually from Germany.
There are so few native Icelanders (currently about 320000) that it is within the realm of possibility that there are more Germans with a basic knowledge of Icelandic than that.

Hymns to Cthulhu in Icelandic could be interesting.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

:offtopic:

I had an icelandic nanny for my children at one time.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

It's all a secret plot to take over the world (I could imagine worse).

Iceland would be a geographically apt location. More or less on the route between America and Europe. Large international airport. Moderate climate (it's 100% south of the Artcic circle! The arctic circle passes through a tiny island north of Iceland). But cheap central heating is guaranteed anyway (geothermy). Just trees are a bit scarce still.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Opsa

Well, wherever it is, we have to grow blackberries, so Mrs. H can make crumble.
:meal:

Sibling DavidH

Yum!   Thanks!

If we make it in Moreton-on-Lugg, the blackberries grow in the hedges.  We're about as far from the sea as you can get in the UK but we have some lovely rivers.
It's further west than any European sibling except Pachy, but a bit closer to America.

Aggie

After seeing it up close, I'd take somewhere in proximity to Missoula, Montana if a North American Monastery had to be in the US.  Looks very much like home, especially around Flathead Lake.
WWDDD?