News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

pieces' pieces

Started by pieces o nine, August 24, 2008, 08:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

Insomnia strikes again...

Here's a little wallpaper design altering the digital labyrinth I drafted for my circle. It's now completely under water and that little blob floating in the middle is a camouflaged toad fish.

If yer gonna be starin atcher compyooter ennyweighs, ye jest as well be sailin thru thee labyrinth t' induce calm an sarennitea an such.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

That's nice, what program did you use?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

pieces o nine

Thank you.

I use Illustrator and/or PhotoShop for all my digital art.

If I ever sprang for one of those lovely fractal makers or some of the 3D modeling software I might never pry myself away from the computer!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Black Bart

I am inspired to do more artwork with photoshop but I am also trying to improve my cartoon skills using traditional methods.

Here's one of my latest Spot the differences which was created using Adobe Illustrator:

She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Ice flaking off the 'berg on the left side, extra snowflake at the left-upper.  Clouds at the upper right.  Bubbles alongside the right side of the iceberg.  Diving penguin.  Yellow fishy.  Extra waves in water, in near-foreground.   Background land is blue on the left, green on the right.

( I can shift my vision from one drawing to the other rapidly, which makes the changes appear to "blink". Is that cheating? )
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

Extra/missing penguin, two left of speaker & flipper position of second-from-right penguin.

I can't do Bob's trick, so I scaled it and visually superimposed it by crossing my eyes - same effect, the differences are in a quantum state of visibility. ;)
WWDDD?

Opsa

Hey PO9, nice graphic! I tried to actually follow the labyrinth, but there seems to be no way in to the toadfish! (Maybe it's just as well. He might prefer the privacy.)

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Oh! I missed one change.

In the back row of penguins, the 2nd one from the right has raised his flippers in the right-hand picture.

Ag-- that cross-the-eyes is a cool trick. I must try it at once.  (I used to love those 3-D cross-your-eyes to see pictures...)

Edit:  it works.... many of the features that changed appear to flicker, in the central composite picture.

Nice trick, A!

(corrected the incorrect name reference, too...)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

I like the penguin art, bart.
Do you use 'mesh' to create your gradients, or the gradient palette, or the old blend-two-points method?

And if you could do "spot the Differences" for 3D glasses, it would be très cool.

Aggie

Oooh...  like the labyrinth (hadn't checked it yet - work doesn't like deviantart, apparently).
WWDDD?

pieces o nine

Thank you.

The site name "deviant" itself might be off-putting to your work server, even apart from some of the NSFW photos!

Aggie

Who knows?  They cut out some strange stuff, and leave other stuff intact.

They don't allow any 'net radio, but apparently don't know about the U of C station. ;)
WWDDD?

pieces o nine

I invested squandered used my leisure hours to perpetrate execute make a subtle-y Halloween-y wallpaper:   Ruby Slippers.

Initial drawing in Illustrator, then each section imported into PhotoShop and manipulated. Save a copy with the layers & effects merged, then merge that copy with the merge version of another section... gah!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Looking at other portfolios of what can be done with little effort and even less artistic talent, by downloading someone else's 3D computer-generated figures and "customizing" them with yet another person's texture mapping program(s), I feel a bit like a scribe who has learned to chisel all 5,000 hieroglyphs onto stone tablets, only to meet some young whippersnapper with a printing block from the local bazaar and rolls of papyrus paper...

:tantrum:

pieces o nine

Here's some seasonal art you may take and have fun with, if you wish.      :witch:

DISCLAIMER:  The Pears Soap Witch is from 1899, but I colorized her and gave her some garbs, because it's kinda *cold* in October (not to mention at high altitudes!).

Pears Witch

Red Velvet Devi garb

Casual Friday garb

Leather

Black Velvet

Aggie

WWDDD?