News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Good News Channel

Started by Darlica, May 28, 2008, 09:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nefyuBB

HOBOY !

i finded a crown
onna hill
jack loozd it wiif his furst mate jill !
wen thay go fer wader
he shuld be murr karefull

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Well, more than $800* later, I'm a car owner again.  Not since 2001ish have I consistently owned a motorcar.  I've been driving a 15,000 pound company truck instead...

...now I own a car, and I'm beginning to remember why I happily quit 8 years ago.

:P

On the other hand?  It's cool to have small wheels, to run down to the market whenever the mood strikes me.

Now, all I need to do is fix the A/C, get 2 more tires, test and air-up the spare tire, buy a jack (it came without one or else in the intervening years, the jack got misplaced).  And eventually, buy a new windshield (cracked).

But.  I'm helping to stimulate my local American Economy, and have a dependent bottom-less pit of repairs new method of spending my ready cash motorized independent enabling device.  A car.

*sigh*  :D

* none of which had anything to do with purchase, or the engine rebuild.  I purchased it in 2002 for a dollar--and 3 days of labor.  The engine rebuild was a labor-exchange also. These are the title fees, the license plate cost, 2 better tires, a new battery, new wiper blades and a tank of gas.  The bare minimum needed to get it roadworthy.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I definitively admire your courage on the task at hand, I wouldn't put up with endless repairs unless the car was a classic* and even then I wonder if I would deal with it. Congratulations anyways. ;)

*talk about a bottomless pit
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

beagle

Yay.  A new Torchwood series starts Monday.
The angels have the phone box

Swatopluk

Quote from: beagle on July 04, 2009, 10:38:14 PM

But no 4th season of Primeval. Grrrrr! >:(
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

beagle

Yes that's really annoying.  Looks like Danny's going to be at the dawn of time in the East African Rift Valley indefinitely, and Connor and Abby up that tree.

Now if we want ludicrous stories about dinosaurs there's only BBC Parliament.

Swatopluk

Quote from: beagle on July 05, 2009, 09:17:29 AM
Yes that's really annoying.  Looks like Danny's going to be at the dawn of time in the East African Rift Valley indefinitely, and Connor and Abby up that tree.

Now if we want ludicrous stories about dinosaurs there's only BBC Parliament.

There is still that anomaly creator Helen dropped at the pterosaur nest.
At first I thought Connor and Abby would take over the role of Adam and Eve (homo nerdus umbroculus*)
With a new villain (or Christine Johnson's chief henchman) there would still be countless opportunities. Still two future (baby) predators in the Permian**, the future giant insects should have infected some of the soldiers at Johnson's before being electrocuted, the mammoth (if not burned in 3.3) should still be alive, there is a love triangle developing (Danny, Cpt.Becker, Sarah).
An anomaly in parliament could be interesting. One party taken over by the fungus, the other replaced by future predators maybe :mrgreen:

*with overdone eye-shadow
**and somebody has to breed the whole species in the first place, so that it can destroy mankind in the future

Griffin NoName

Blimey Swato !  None of that sounds like good news ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

I posted my niece's birth under bad news, so obviously this belonged under good ones ;)
And, given many comments I read, there are lots of people that hated Primeval and do consider its end good news.
And don't you remember Professor Farnsworth from Futurama? When he comes in with "Good News everyone!" then something bad is imminent.

Darlica

I like Primeval the little I have seen of it that is (one or two episodes then I moved and no longer had a Tv set). Good fun Sci Fi, like Eureka, Special Unit and of cause Firefly.

I like my Sci Fi with a  ;) and some self distance I guess that's why I never got hooked on Star Trek or Stargate.

Good news:

I've gone from sloth mode to chipmunk on speed...
I get a lot of things done in less than half the time it usually takes! ;D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Opsa

Chipmonk mode is good, if you give the poor critter frequent breaks.

The only Sci Fi I take seriously is Futurama.

beagle

Quote from: Swatopluk on July 06, 2009, 03:54:44 PM
And, given many comments I read, there are lots of people that hated Primeval and do consider its end good news.

I thought Primeval was moronic. Sadly not as moronic as Demons, but moronic enough to be unmissable.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on July 06, 2009, 08:44:22 PM
Quote from: Swatopluk on July 06, 2009, 03:54:44 PM

I thought Primeval was moronic. Sadly not as moronic as Demons, but moronic enough to be unmissable.

But not in the same moronic league as Krod Mandoon  :o
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Haven't seen that one, but will add it to the backlog...

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on July 04, 2009, 10:38:14 PM

Great trick with the concrete block. I like it; could come in handy. Shall add it to my repertoire. <evil grin>
Psychic Hotline Host