News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Good News Channel

Started by Darlica, May 28, 2008, 09:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyderm

Yes, been there a few times. A friend of mine is based there for a few years, and being military, he can get us into to all the bits us mere civvies normally are refused access to. Have to confess, I really like it there. Good Spanish tapas, cold beer and sunshine. All the good stuff.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Darlica

I'm not jealous... not at all. *green spots are popping up all over me*  ;)

Say hi to the imperial monkeys from me will ya'! ;D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: beagle on July 16, 2009, 08:27:10 PM
Have you been there before? I went as a kid. It's got some good tunnels and water catchment stuff to explore inside the Rock.  The landing used to be fun as Franco's Spain wasn't too friendly when it came to airspace.
Franco wasn't friendly to his own subjects so no surprises there.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Pachyderm

I had an awesome day. We went to go do some ecology, which today consisted of cutting down trees with a chainsaw, removing a honking big pile of nettles and brambles with a machete, and knocking down a chunk of wall. Who said science isn't fun? And the reason for all this destruction? To dig up a badger sett.

In our defence, the sett is unused, (and we've  been monitoring it for years, so we know) and the developer will get to  build 8 or 9 badly needed houses on the land. He makes more money, we get paid, and the badgers were protected and gently moved on a few hundred metres into land that isn't being developed. Win-win. And a great big two fingers up to the other company who spent years mucking the guy around, telling him he couldn't do this, do that or the other. My arms hurt, from the unaccustomed manual labour, but it's a good hurt.

Sophie (my rather lovely new housemate) is just getting ready, and we are off to the pub. Hurrah!

More days like today, please.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Pachyderm on July 17, 2009, 06:58:50 PM
............ and the developer will get to  build 8 or 9 badly needed houses on the land. He makes more money, we get paid, ..........

....and it generates more jobs which is always good news in a recession.....
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

twitchy

I get to go hang with my best friend for about 3 hours today! we have a hip hop dance class together then we are going to the gym. && My mom went down to the family court and filed some papers so hopefully the court will look at then before August 1 so I won't have to see the pathetic excuse of a man who calls himself my father! :D
Rawrzness! Fear my wrath! O.o

Earthling

Monday I got to do my annual Lakefront Properties Survey day. I spent seven hours in my kayak paddling around ten or so miles of the north end of Cupsuptic Lake, and took 366 pictures. It was a jaw-droppingly gorgeous day, the lake was smooth as glass. I only saw about two power boats and six unmotored boats the whole time. Got some awesome Maxfield Parish type photos, some cool Bald Eagle photos, and loads of development photos (some happynice, some naughtynaughty). At this point I'm about 1/4 of the way through cataloging them. Hopefully, once I'm done, I'll remember to post some of them.
"Heisenberg may have slept here"

Griffin NoName

Everything sounds happy in happy land ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

All done with playing Anna in "The King and I" and am finally getting a chance to rest.

I lost about ten pounds during this production, mostly because of the long rehearsal schedule and dancing. Lots of exercise and no time for snacking! Hope I can keep most of it off! (But no guarantees...)

Pachyderm

I am going back to University!   ::) I got my acceptance letter this morning.

The Perpetual Student strikes again! (This will be my fourth course, and my fourth Uni...)

Archaeology and Paleoecology at Queen's University, Belfast. (And no, the field trip to the Med had no impact on my choosing this course...)

Part time, so still working as before.

All I need is a hat, whip and Short Round....

Griffin NoName

Congratulations.

I have been thinking about upping my qualification likewise, but have fallen foul of various snags like cost.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

I am likely to go back to school in one year's time. Congrats, Patchy...!
WWDDD?

Opsa

Yeay! you go, Scholarly Ones!

(But take yer computers, so yew kin tell us all about it!)