News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What significant things have I done today?

Started by Griffin NoName, April 02, 2008, 08:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on March 21, 2013, 08:32:53 PM
Indeed I did, now, we married in Colombia where the equivalent for April fools is December 28th or the day for the Holy Innocents, but later when I realized that it was April fools (a few months after I arrived to the States) it seemed incredibly appropriate...
Beautiful! Wish I'd thought of it!

When we got married March 21st was the first day of spring. Then they changed the first day of spring to  March 20! Who's the fool, now?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

^^ When did they change it? I was puzzled all day yesterday. And who said it could be changed?

An amazing thing has happened to me. A friend I made through the local ME/CFS group has got me fixed up with her cleaner/helper. She came to see me today. She is going to clean my grotesquely filthy flat, and she will help me sort out all the heaps all over the floors and surfaces and chuck half my cupboardfuls out (charity shop) so I can put things I actually need in the cupboards, and I think all sorts of other help. She is a "professional" carer for the elderly, and she knows all about ME/CFS from my friend so understands why I have been/am so feeble. This could be life-changing........ doesn't come cheap but will be well worth it.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

pieces o nine

Happy Anniversary, Opsa & hubby!
:clink:

Sounds like something good for you, Grif!
:)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 21, 2013, 09:49:13 PM
^^ When did they change it? I was puzzled all day yesterday. And who said it could be changed?

An amazing thing has happened to me. A friend I made through the local ME/CFS group has got me fixed up with her cleaner/helper. She came to see me today. She is going to clean my grotesquely filthy flat, and she will help me sort out all the heaps all over the floors and surfaces and chuck half my cupboardfuls out (charity shop) so I can put things I actually need in the cupboards, and I think all sorts of other help. She is a "professional" carer for the elderly, and she knows all about ME/CFS from my friend so understands why I have been/am so feeble. This could be life-changing........ doesn't come cheap but will be well worth it.

That's fantastic news, Griff!  Happy for you.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling DavidH

That's good news, Griffin, I hope it goes well.

Opsa, I missed your post yesterday so I didn't drink to you, but we will tonight.  Seems to me when you've chalked up 25 years you're through most of the highs and lows and onto the smooth(er) parts.

Opsa

One can only hope, good Sibling!  ;)

Griffin, I'm glad you've found some help!

Griffin NoName

Congrats Opsa. Manny more years to come.......
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

We all made hot cross buns at Friday Club, which was a huge success.

Opsa

Darlica

Dragged my self out of bed and went to work.  :-\ ;)

Quote from: Aggie on March 20, 2013, 10:47:01 PM
Quote from: Darlica on March 20, 2013, 07:41:07 PM
Oooh!
Nettle soup?
:meal:

I made it last year.  So far this year, the nettles have found their way into various dishes instead of being a main focus. There's probably a few weeks left of the season, so some may find their way into a nettle soup.

Do you have a recipe? (general instructions or a rough ingredient list will do)

I'll see what I can find. I might need L's help with translations.

Pie with Feta cheese and nettles instead of spinach or mangold is also a hit. Just replace the blanched spinach/mangold with blanched nettles and maybe tweak the saltiness and you are golden.
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 21, 2013, 09:49:13 PM

damn she hasn't phoned to confirm first visit tomorrow, as she said she would. signifcant thing not by me.
Psychic Hotline Host

pieces o nine

Dusted off and donned the Easter headdress and updated my sigline.

Noticed(!) and fixed the size of the sig: point sizes are designated differently here than on other boards and when I changed my default notes for this board I forgot to add "pt".

So a sweet little note   like this

appeared like this:
Yea, the Various Peeps appear on the Earth
I scared the soon-to-be-risen-bejesus out of myself  when I saw my entire sigline SCREAMING at me!    :aargh!:

I feel the urgent need to go shop for chocolate bunnies to recover from the shock...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677