News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What significant things have I done today?

Started by Griffin NoName, April 02, 2008, 08:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on March 20, 2013, 10:28:08 AM
Yerrgh!  I spose you'll be hunting for some nice juicy beetles to eat with them.   ???

Later in the season the beetles tend to come included with the nettles, but there are none this early.  :mrgreen:

They're quite good cooked like spinach (the flavour is similar, but IMHO more buttery). I'd not recommend them for salad, but provided you cook or dry them prior to consumption, they can't sting.

Anything that goes to that much trouble to prevent being eaten tends to be quite tasty.  If it was nasty to eat, it wouldn't need to be covered in hypodermic needles.  ;)

WWDDD?

Bruder Cuzzen

Went to optometrist today , I'm  getting Nikon lenses .  I paid for the use of this phone for another month . It was uplifting to have sunshine today, it lit up my day . I also spoke a bit . Chatting with friends certainly helped lift my spirit as well. :)

Darlica

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on March 20, 2013, 10:28:08 AM
Yerrgh!  I spose you'll be hunting for some nice juicy beetles to eat with them.   ???

Oooh!
Nettle soup?
:meal:
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling DavidH

Quote from: Bruder Cuzzen link=topic=1265.msg159529#msg159529 d
Went to optometrist today , I'm  getting Nikon lenses .  I paid for the use of this phone for another month . It was uplifting to have sunshine today, it lit up my day . I also spoke a bit . Chatting with friends certainly helped lift my spirit as well. :)

Glad to hear things are a bit better, BC.

Bruder Cuzzen

Argh this itty bitty phone is not a very convenient laptop . I can barely see what I'm typing in . Sorry for all the typos and incomprehensibility .

Aggie

Quote from: Darlica on March 20, 2013, 07:41:07 PM
Oooh!
Nettle soup?
:meal:

I made it last year.  So far this year, the nettles have found their way into various dishes instead of being a main focus. There's probably a few weeks left of the season, so some may find their way into a nettle soup.

Do you have a recipe? (general instructions or a rough ingredient list will do)
WWDDD?

pieces o nine

Quote from: Bruder Cuzzen on March 20, 2013, 09:31:11 PM
Argh this itty bitty phone is not a very convenient laptop . I can barely see what I'm typing in . Sorry for all the typos and incomprehensibility .

You're typing very clearly here, BC.

(I suppose that's cause for alarm, actually.)

:giggle:    :hug:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

^^ I find my virtual keyboard too small, even turned sideways. It's as if I have fat fingers, but I don't. How do others manage?

I was going to put something significant that I had done today but I can't remember what so it can't have been significant.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

You're here. That is significant enough.

Today is Mr. Ops and my 25th wedding anniversary. It's awful cold outside, but we're going out to dinner with Th'Opsalette, just a local Mexican restaurant that we like. Nice margaritas!

It's not easy staying married this long, it's been lots of work and I can't say I've never thought of ending it from time to time, I have. But the longer we're close, the closer we get in some sort of cosmic bonding. We've tiptoed through the carp and the roses together, after all. So if you're having a beverage tonight, raise one for your pals the Opses. We may just make it yet!

Bruder Cuzzen

I haven't been doing too much . I've just recovered from a horrible depression . At the moment I've been contacting as many close friends as possible because it helps a great deal in keeping my spirit up .  I'm thankful that you guys are here .

Opsa

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

25 years? Wow! I will mark my 18 in about 10 days... congratulations? ;) :P
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

:ROFL:

Did you get married on April Fools Day?  ;D

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Indeed I did, now, we married in Colombia where the equivalent for April fools is December 28th or the day for the Holy Innocents, but later when I realized that it was April fools (a few months after I arrived to the States) it seemed incredibly appropriate...
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.