News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What significant things have I done today?

Started by Griffin NoName, April 02, 2008, 08:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Quote from: Aggie on November 26, 2013, 08:37:25 PM
When it's time to try a new style, perhaps you need to start writing songs, and start an international pop career, even if it's behind the scenes. 

My complete lack of sincerity* (as far as my writing is concerned) would certainly help.
Writing on order unfortunately leads to almost instant writer's block.

As you should know I retexted about 150 songs (see Choral Squids)

In general my way is to use a strict given form traing to fill it. Freestyle rarely works (same btw with drawing and music)

*even my 'serious' poems are pure stylistic excercises and do not come from the heart.
I think the only piece of truly heartfelt art I have produced was a fugue like piece of music in February 2000.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sincerity is overrated, ever saw the Dexter episode when a crazy woman describes her link to her victim and how Dexter uses her verbatim to propose?
;) :P :mrgreen:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

Ayuh, sounds like you'd be perfect for writing pop songs. One could also quite easily translate and re-interpret pop from different languages into hit songs, I'm sure.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Had a blood test. To be more precise, had lot of blood removed from my hand (no other veins) to be sent for a variety of tests, having had to fast before-hand. My hand is now empty (ref. Tony Hancock, The Blood Donor).
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

We have to hand it to you for getting that done...

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bruder Cuzzen

Packed the Dark Tower hardcover comic adaptations for Roland . I am waiting for the requested address confirmation before walking to the post office tommorrow to have measured and weighed and stamped over.

pieces o nine

^ put a note sum ware on thee package that we sais, "hey Roland, how thee heck arrrgh ye?"
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Roland disappeared. He exists in another reality. Does the postal service reach there?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bruder Cuzzen

He sends his greetings and tells me via Facebook that he shall return shortly , but he posted that missive about weeks ago and i havent seen him here nor there .

Griffin NoName

Should we spread a rumour that he has been imprisoned in Russia with the Greenpeace people?
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

Cool!

Just wanna say I've rung bells for The Salvation Army twice this month. Yeah, they're basically a Xtian organization, but they are a legit charity for the needy. Mr. Ops is in a service club and got us roped into it. It was quite fun to do both times. The time flew by, and the people donating were so happy.

Swatopluk

I went beyond 300 stanzas on my current project the Gerdalied

Swatopluk

Now 386 stanzas. I hope to reach 400 before this day (and year) is ended.

Edit: I fell short by 5 stanzas due to feeling very unwell (headache, slight vertigo; I suspect the sinuses)