News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What significant things have I done today?

Started by Griffin NoName, April 02, 2008, 08:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Congratulations, Swato!

Bon Voyage, Zone! Welcome home!

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Swatopluk on October 31, 2013, 10:16:08 AMNow I can (leaglly) hand out/sell nasty chemicals (except agricultural pesticides) for a licenced company to private users.

Well done!! Send some over !!!  for my plannned exit plan for when I get a nasty wasting disease

Hope you have a good flight Zono.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Well, first you have to get me a job with access to the stuff :mrgreen:
And you have to sign the receipt and name a legitimate purpose ;)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Well I paid through the nose to fly business from Manila to LA, but still had to fly economy from LA to MIA for 6 wonderful hours in a mid seat, and to top it off, half way I wanted to relieve my bladder but the guy besides me was deep asleep, therefore I wasn't able to sleep at all.

Now I'm home and I'll wait until the sun goes out before going to bed to try to re-arrange my hours.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

:krabbie: You made it safely home! Yeay!  :krabbie:

Why not stay awake with some Morning Glory Espresso Stout?

Aggie

Wow, coffee beans, 9% alcohol and morning glory seeds? ;D That'd get you sideways...
(nice pinup on the label too ;))

Welcome back, Zono!

Started installing the heat shields / wall protectors in the sauna today.  Still need to wire up the lights and finish the fenders to get it road worthy, but I'm going to work on the interior for a bit.  Hopefully it'll be ready to lounge in by the time I get it on the road. I need some serious sauna time.
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Opsa on November 01, 2013, 06:49:39 PM
:krabbie: You made it safely home! Yeay!  :krabbie:

Why not stay awake with some Morning Glory Espresso Stout?

Wide awake **and** relaxed at the same time?  :)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

I have just finished translating The Paper Bag Princess into Icelandic

Tons of errors made, I am sure.

pieces o nine

^ That  is a great book to give kids, in any language.    :)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

Sounds like quite an accomplishment, Swato. What's next? A break?

Swatopluk

Barely one page in print (the book spreads it over twelve). Still took several hours.
The text is simple enough but Icelandic preposition can be tricky and the dictionaries are very short as far as this info is concerned. As a result I had to look for phrase samples where I could deduce the case from the object. Unfortunately some sadist seems to have taken an effort to only use objects in those phrases where this is not possible (by choosing words where the case ending is identical and no definite article or useful adjective is in sight).

No rest though. I have (temporarily I hope) ceased working on my saga and am doing a parallel retelling In Nibelung stanzas (count has reached 115 by now unless I made an error).

Opsa

Holy Valkyries, Batman! But you do enjoy this work, don't you?

Swatopluk

Paid work would be nice too. And I see no market for my type of writing. I just try new styles now and then and abandon them again. I think I haven't written a sonnet in years.

Aggie

Paid work? I think I put every penny of my paid work this year into my non-paid work.  ::)

I certainly understand the idea of taking on new challenges just to see if one can meet them.

I half-suspect you're trying to woo an Icelandic maiden with your recent writing efforts.  :mrgreen:
Perhaps that's more my style than yours...

When it's time to try a new style, perhaps you need to start writing songs, and start an international pop career, even if it's behind the scenes. 
WWDDD?