News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Vote 08: The Portsmouth Council Elections

Started by DaveL, February 20, 2008, 10:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

SCABS Announcement

Borat Johnson will be answering questions on behalf of Lord Crusty tonight in The Admiral Benbow.

Several people have expressed interest in his statement today that "rival candidate Lil is just another piccalilly and no threat to the SCABS candidacy" and he has all the informtaion at his fingertips.

Vote SCABS !!  Vote CRUSTY !!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

BREAKING NEWS ... BREAKING NEWS ... BREAKING NEWS ... BREAKING NEWS ... BREAKING NEWS ...
An ominous assortment of tough-looking cats and bilge rat minions has been spotted skulking about the alley behind the Admiral Benbow and various polling places. No confimation yet on their intentions and whether they are random individuals or players in a larger scheme. Updates as this story develops....

BREAKING NEWS ... BREAKING NEWS ... BREAKING NEWS ... BREAKING NEWS ... BREAKING NEWS ...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aphos

--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Bruder Cuzzen

Aphos , this running rodent gag you have going is busting me gutz . HARRRR arr arr arr arr....Harr har har har...

DaveL

Oh heck, just when I though Tiddles was bad enough  :o ;D
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Bluenose

NEWS FLASH!    NEWS FLASH!    NEWS FLASH!    NEWS FLASH!
An Aaaarrggghhhuusss Special Election Report.

A number of very shady looking characters were seen tonight outside the back of the Admiral Benbow, apparently talking to a large contingent of rats, cats and mice.  There may have been a few crabs as well.  After much whispered conversation, unfortunately not overheard by our correspondent despite all the expensive spy gear issued to him by this organ, there were three loud cheers and the rodent and feline (and crustacean) crew dispersed.  Our interpid reporter noticed that all these seemed to be carrying large wads of what looked like money as well as the combined odours of cheese, fish and what one passerby described as a "certain crabby sort of smell".  The apparent ring leaders were not identified, but one witness claims he saw a SOPP lapel badge on one, although this cannot be confirmed.

NEWS FLASH!    NEWS FLASH!    NEWS FLASH!    NEWS FLASH!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

:offtopic:

Aphos was asking me how I came up with SCABS.

Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 20, 2008, 11:57:02 PM
Me party stands fer wipin' owt scurvy and scurvy bastards.

In the UK "scabs" is a derogatory term used to refer to people who continue to work when trade unionists go on strike action, also known as crossing the picket line. If you lived through the 70's here you know all about scabs LOL!!

Wiki:: Some say that the word comes from the idea that the "scabs" are covering a wound. However, "scab" was an old-fashioned English insult. "Blackleg" is an older word and is found in the old folk song, Blackleg Miner, which has been sung by many groups.

Aaaargh!! SCABS is Blacklegs !!   
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aphos

I wish to thank all those who are giving their support to RATS.

EDIT:

Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 13, 2008, 03:53:00 PM

In the UK "scabs" is a derogatory term used to refer to people who continue to work when trade unionists go on strike action, also known as crossing the picket line. If you lived through the 70's here you know all about scabs LOL!!

BTW, Griffin, scabs is a term used for union buster here in the US, too.

DaveL

YArrrghh,

I think Saucy Gert is the only human left in this contest.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Griffin NoName

Quote from: DaveL on March 14, 2008, 08:52:26 PM
YArrrghh,

I think Saucy Gert is the only human left in this contest.

You claim Lord Crusty and Borat Johnson are non-humans?  They'll come eat you for their supper.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aphos

Portsmouth Pirate News presents

Breaking News                   SCABS seen giving cheese to rats.  Vote tampering suspected.

Griffin NoName

SCABS Announcement

SCABS supporters have launched a campaign to give food parcels to the deserving poor of Portsmouth.

Each citizen will be given three tomatoes, two eggs, a large lettuce and 20 LB assorted cheeses.

The hand outs began earlier this week.

Psychic Hotline Host

Bluenose

SOPP Announcement

Don't be fooled by SCABS phony handouts, VOTE SOPP and get cold hard cash!!!

We'll sell out Portsmouth and share the loot around!

Free rum for all scurvy swabs!

All captains receive a free pass to Madam Fifi's!

All cats get 10 Kg of anchovies!

All rats get 20 Kg of cheese!

Mice receive 3 bushels of wheat!

DaveL gets three new pink dresses!

No fish head stew for you!

SOPP - the party for everyone!  Whatever you like, we have a bribe benefit for you!

VOTE SOPP!

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Aphos

Griffin NoName

Portsmouth News

Poisoned Flour

Batches of poisoned flour have been removed from supermarket shelves this morning. The police are investigating the source of the poison.

Unfortunately a bulk sale of flour went out before it was discovered the batches were poisoned. This sale was made at The Healthy Bake Shoppe and paid in cash so the purchaser is unknown. However the till receipt was found on the floor so some information is available. If you know of anyone who may have purchased in bulk huge quantities of flour and chocolate powder and is also likely to have had some excessively dog-eared and filthy pound notes, please advise them to contact the police immediately. Should you wish to shop them, the police will maintain your privacy.
Psychic Hotline Host