News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Things to do on a long voyage

Started by Black Bart, October 06, 2006, 01:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

Me crew be 'avin ter innertain theyselfs a bit resently, an' ha' gone back to th' games of childehoohe to do so. Oi ha' nae problim wif some o' their games (althoug Ring Aroun' ther Rosies did no sound very piratish, an who the 'ell is Rosie anway?) but I mus say Oi was verry irritatered by this "Red Rover" game. Half th' bleedin' crew was over the sides by the second round, and now we're dealin' wif a heavy load of Hook Rust and soinus infeckshuns from th' seawater.

Oi don' know whevver to git a dockter or a blacksmith...
This sig area under construction.

DaveL

YArrrr...

A few years ago me and the lads invested a stake in a thoroughbred racing maggot named 'Aegean Mist'. 'Ole Misty', as called him wuz the finest racing maggot this side of the Indies. In me Captain's quarters me shelves were lined with trophies from many of ole 'Misty's' successes.

YArrrr...when 'Misty'was placed into the ring, all the other maggots quaked in their maggoty boots (or lack thereof). We wuz so successful, that some of the lads turned from piracy into bookmakin' on the back of Misty's success. 

Then one day, some evil blagards got jealous of 'Misty' and decided that the Maggot racin' industry needed a bit of 'evening up'. They knobbled his maggot feedbag, with a strange toxic stew made of fisheads...YArrr!!

The next day, ole Misty wuz pronounced dead from toxic shock. We wuz devastated (*sob* *sob*  :( :( :()

The Maggot racin' industry wuz never the same and Oi never forgot me Ole friend Misty.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Black Bart

YYYAAARRR I always has me deluxe copy o the board game 'Buccaneer'.  I gathers the crew round and we toss to decide who goes first.  The crew always lets me win otherwise I gets upset and has the blaggards flogged.
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

The Black Spot

Arrr...

we plays "Pop Up Pirate" fer real. We put some swab in a barrel, and then take turns each in shoving a cutlass through the side of the barrel. The first one to make the swab shriek loses a point, and then it's'is turn in the barrel.

Concentrates me crew's minds splendidly, I tell 'ee.

Black Bart

YYYAAARRR...That be the spirit. 

Me and the crew loves a game o Knock down Ginger.  It be a bit hard on the ship's cook who appens to have ginger hair, but it keeps the crew amused for hours!

The Black Spot

Arrr...

I had to put a stop t' the games o' Hide and Seek after Skinny Wilkins hid in the barrel o' one of the cannons.

Unfortunately, we mounted a raid on a merchant ship in the middle o' a game. Took ages to clean up afterwards.

Black Bart

YYYAARRR...Keep the great suggestions comin...

I be hopin to publish a book 'Things to do on a long voyage' in toim fer Christmas!

If ye go on Aaarrrrrmazon ye'll be able to buy 'Things to do on a long voyage' together with 'Pirgella's Salty Cookery Book' for 2 Dubloons.

DaveL

YArrrr...

This week we've got our most famous event on the Maggot Racing carnival comin up. It's called the 'Blowfly Handicap'.

A maggot can win the race if he can pupate, hatch out of his cacoon, then fly across the finish line at the other end of the ship.

You should see those little blighters metamorphose. I've got me dubloon on a wee ripper maggot called 'Maggie May'. A fine filly with alot of potential.

YArrrrr...Oi loves me deckside entertainment!

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Black Bart

YYYAAARRR I has come up with a way of improvin efficiency durin a Long Voyage. To get round the tedium of feedin and waterin me crew, I fits each of me crew with a special back back. There be two tubes comin out, one feeds em rum and t'other feeds em Fish Head Stew.  By the end o the voyage they all looks loik Capn Cronan on a bad day, but ther be plenty o leisure toim for the Captain!

Griffin NoName

Yaaaaaaaarrrr!!  If it be a long voyage ye could practisse navigatin  ::)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Black Bart

YYYAARRR...Looks loik I'd better come up with some ideas soon, seeing as I be on trial agin!  I can't see no defence fer that joke what I told!!! ;D

DaveL

YArrrr...

P'raps it's yer cooking enterprises on trial again.

Black Bart

I'd better buy in 'The Complete Works o Shakespeare'...if they transported me to Australia last toim, I could be on my way to Mars this toim!

The Black Spot

Arrr...

we was wilin' away a bit o' time on the arcade games. It cheers us up no end laughin' at Bart's scores on "Snake".

Black Bart

YYYYAAARRRR ye be referrin to the Slug Speed thar Spot me hearty...Of course I lets me poor crippled 6 year old cabin boy do that bit o the game...

Python be the speed fer real Buccaneers! :devil: