News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

I'm here now. Use this to tell everyone you are here!

Started by The Meromorph, September 21, 2006, 08:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Darlica

If you look in Open Waters you will find The Library.

It's a bit dusty, but there is sections for book, movies and RPG games among other things.
Feel free to resurrect old thread or start your own if you like to.
We have no "Newbees don't start threads" unspoken rule here.  :) 
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

Welcome Ageis.

I see others have warned you of the dangers here, but forgot to mention Bluenose's Special Brew. Also don't be alarmed by all the bodies under the tables in the pubs.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

Greetynges, Ageis.  Be not dismay'd by this talk of Squidlynges and such  creatures of Neptune, for may not a stout-hearted Englishman LAUGH, atte such thynges?  But heede Zono, when he warneth of ye Fysshe Head Stew.

Yr Frende, Humphrey Gryblynge.

Lindorm

When the squidlings get too annoying, I just wave a bottle of vermouth and some herbs in a suitably menacing fashion and start talking about squid a la greque. That usually does the trick. ;)
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Bluenose

Greetings Ageis, if you bump into any of the pirates (I think they're all sleeping somewhere at the moment), whatever you do, don't accept one of their IOUs!

Sibling Bluenose

Avarst, me hearty!  Doan ye be takin enny notiss o' that Sibling Bluenose fella - e' be given all us Bluenoses a bad name.  Welcome aboard, wuld ye be hinterested in a wee drop o' Captain's Delight XO?  It be the ratte poisonne speshul hingeredient number 27 wot gives it that hextra kick!

Yer new shipmate,

Cap'n Bluenose

:yar:

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Sheila

My bad! Is there an initiation rite or sumpthin I got to do, like shave my head or drink a keg? :-[

ivor

Hi Sheila!

Both!  How did you know?  It was supposed to be a secret.  Who told?

Welcome!

Watch out for the fish head stew and the squidlings! :mrgreen:

Darlica

Hi Sheila welcome!

Here's a jar of salt apply heartily to MB's post above.  :P
Both drinking and shaving is optional. ;D

Shaving while drinking is a sport only practice by Pirates and that some-place that's easy to hose off.

:D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

The Meromorph

Welcome!
Shaving drunken pirates, however, is a fun, but somewhat risky, sport...

Do not attempt to shave their 'Captains Little Cutlass' without the appropriate precautions.  :P
Dances with Motorcycles.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

Doesn't that mean Sheila should ignore that too?  That rule just ate itself and winked out of existence...

Opsa

Sheila, glad you finally came in. You may want to shave the kegs every once in a while if they grows mould, but we do frown on trying ter drink yer head.

Not that some of us haven't tied...

Sibling DavidH

Welcome, Sheila.  If anyone tells you to ignore everything anyone tells you, ignore it.  Ignore this advice, too.  :mrgreen:

Lindorm

Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)