News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

I'm here now. Use this to tell everyone you are here!

Started by The Meromorph, September 21, 2006, 08:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

G'day Sheila!  Welcome from the Land Downunder.  Whatever you do, don't ignore the advice you get from anyone telling you to ignore all advice.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sheila

Quote from: DavidH on April 13, 2010, 08:52:12 AM
Welcome, Sheila.  If anyone tells you to ignore everything anyone tells you, ignore it.  Ignore this advice, too.  :mrgreen:
I'll gladly ignore that if you'll ignore my ignoring you.  ::)

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sunjumper

Hello everyone.

In the infinity of the internet I am known as Sunjumper.
A wise individual whose opinion I hold in the highest regards told me of this place and so I came here and to be frank I am overwhelmed by the complexity of this forum.

But then I like overwhelming complexity it is a metal challange.
I love mental challenges.

Pachyderm

Nah, it's pretty simple here.

Don't pet the squidlings, don't eat the Fish Head Stew, don't take the Pirates IOU's.

Other than that, have fun....
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Welcome Sunjumper, as Pachy says, there isn't much complication here.

And if you have questions just shoot. ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

pieces o nine

...just keep on eye on what you're shooting at and all, eh what...

Welcome, Sunjumper.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aggie

Catching up on welcomes for all our recent new arrivals!  Welcome aboard!

I'm not sure if it's a case of complexity so much as of sprawl, here.  The big areas to get familiar with first (after checking out some of the helpful orientations in Start Here, Please) are Serious Discussion and/or Fun and Games, since these are where most of the action is. 

The Last Post game is a must, but just jump in and don't worry about trying to read old posts!  As long as you conclude with Last Post, you win.  Until someone else takes it. ;)

Have a look about the Pirate's Cove if you are so inclined - many of the pirates appear to be out plundering at the moment, but there's some good stuff in there.

Other than that, we've pretty much just expanded as needed to keep things sorted into topic groups.  If you can't find an existing thread on any given topic, feel free to start one!
WWDDD?

Darlica

:glomp:
Gotcha! :D

Welcome Sunjumper!
It's nice to see you here!
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Opsa

Welcome aboard, Sunjumper.

Another fun place to look is the "Recent Posts" link in the left-hand sidebar. That's where the freshest posts can be found.

Hope to see you in there!

DaveL

YArrrrrr...

We still be 'ere. Welcome aboard, just don't wear high heels when ye cross the moat.

Speakin from experience, it can be quite hazardous.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Griffin NoName

:ROFL:@ DaveL

welcome sunjumper

it is a bit labyrinthime, but there's no minataur.

newcomers are not expected to reply to every post :mrgreen:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Hey there!

(psst...don't trust tha pierates any furh'r th'n you kin thow 'em, iffin you got rum...)
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay