News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by Scriblerus the Philosophe, October 05, 2006, 02:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darlica

Why the  :( !

I think it's a clever solution to the problem "I don't like the bread at the supermarket". I mostly cook and bake from scratch but I think bread mixes are very nifty and so are cake mixes. ;D 

Roast onion, is that those fried and dries onion flakes or do you roast onions in your oven?
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Scriblerus the Philosophe

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Opsa

Quote from: Swatopluk on June 06, 2009, 09:22:08 AM

*White bread mixes are too sweet (the dough type used for raisin bread) and do not harmonize with the onions. Dark mixtures work better but the combination of whole grain and onion make the result often quite unstable, i.e. difficult to slice without turning it into a hill of crumbs.
**The usual in commercial onion bread (10-15%) is in my experience insufficient for the selfmade variant. 20-25% seem to be necessary to get a proper aroma.

Ye gawds, that's our Professor Swato. Scientific all the way.

Beanut Putter on wheat bread.

Darlica

Cashew nuts and Iranian pistachio nuts.

;D

Opsa

Reheated vegetable egg foo yung. Heaven!

Darlica

I have been eating divine spareribs with hot mango, chili and coriander salsa and rice that Lindorm made for dinner. ;D

Now I'm having a Maamoul dried fruit cookie, good but not as good as the date ones.

Lindorm

And we forgot to buy more Mamoul today... woe!

Anyhow, tonight's dinner was a salad of cress, cucumber, spring onion, parsley and romaine lettuce, lightly dressed with some olive oil, lemon juice and freshly ground pepper. This was served with a few hefty slices of smoked salmon and some dark rye sourdough bread. Not bad at all!  :)
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Bruder Cuzzen

One of my house mates cooked up a venison steak .
He grossly overcooked it and it would make good shoe leather , also he didn't season or marinate the slab .
I think i would have treated it as if it was lamb and soaked it in yogurt or a BBQ sauce or maybe teriyaki .

nefyuBB

I has a appel gutz pye
et yummy
an dere be a peech gutz pye in da ice burg box
i wull et dem wiff eyes creme
HOBOY !

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Colombian style bread with cheese (inside the bread!)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Darlica

Green Thai style butter nut squash and chicken curry.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

In sin mode: strawberry icecream with condensed milk and waffers.  :redface:

Pachyderm

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Finishing my breakfast cereal: cocoa puffs with yogurt.  :D

Aggie

Quote from: Bruder Cuzzen on July 01, 2009, 10:56:29 PM
One of my house mates cooked up a venison steak .
He grossly overcooked it and it would make good shoe leather , also he didn't season or marinate the slab .
I think i would have treated it as if it was lamb and soaked it in yogurt or a BBQ sauce or maybe teriyaki .

Ayuh, it's tough stuff if you don't treat it right.  Either marinate it for days (yogurt would probably work good, but adding alcohol or enzymatic fruits like pears, kiwis, pineapple or papaya helps) or pound it, bread it and pan fry it if you want to be able to chew it.

I grew up on deer, probably 4 nights a week (with some moose for a treat - it's much better). We tended to grind up everything except the larger steaks and roasts, plus a little stew meat.

Eating beans, beans, beans - glorious beans.
WWDDD?