News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

IE9 #####****####

Started by Griffin NoName, June 29, 2011, 11:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

IE9 absolutely sucks. And it's so buggy it's unbelievable, even for MS$.

It might even drive me to downloading a different browser! (it's only ever been the pain of learning something new that has kept me from doing this).

Which?

** don't need told you so's **
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

The Meromorph

Dances with Motorcycles.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Have I mentioned Firefox before? :nervous:  ;)
---
IMHO right now the choice is between FF and Chrome. Each has it's advantages and disadvantages but both are very solid and quite compatible. I haven't tried Opera lately, at least not outside the Wii where it has some compatibility issues, but no idea on a PC.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

The new Firefox 4 and 5 are different from the old up to 3 and not necessarily better (to put it mildly)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

I don't like the looks of the new FF, and can't find some things.  I am getting used to the bigger browsing space, though.  I am not convinced I like frequent updates.
WWDDD?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I'll weigh in.

I have stuck with FF, but not the latest number.  The main reason is my love/hate affair with the "no script" engine, which actively prevents scripts from running unless I explicitly give permission.

It's a royal pain in the ~ss, having to enable with each new location on the web.

But.

I've never had even 1 virus infection since going to cable internet, in 1998 (or so..).

And I mean to keep it that way.

:)

Opera is supposed to be quite nice, and I keep meaning to give it a try. 

I keep chrome around, for when I want a quick-and-dirty >>not<< firefox and >>not<< IE.  Occasionally useful.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bluenose

I use Firefox, except when some work related web site insists on IE, but I have not and will not upgrade to IE9.

Had a client the other day with print spooler problems.  Nothing I did could get it to work, until I uninstalled IE9...
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

FF4/5 has a different interface and that is annoying if you come from FF3 but once you get used to it you get more real state and the browser is significantly faster than FF3 (not to mention the incredibly sluggish IE). I'm a big fan of the plugins, like Bob I use NoScript, also AdBlock and DownThemAll, that prevents me from moving to Chrome which is fast although has some compatibility quirks here or there.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Should have done a poll!!! Though it seems FF probably has the largest share of the vote.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand