News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), October 25, 2006, 05:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Windows XP Service Pack 3........ installing......progress indicator....
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

Re-reading assorted Prachetts.

Currently Wyrd Sisters. Because I was referred to as 'very Weatherwaxian in attitude' the other day, and I'm trying to find ways to refute it. (I first thought the not liking cats thing would do, and then I remembered Wintersmith and You, the kitten.)
This sig area under construction.

Alpaca

Just finished Breakfast of Champions.
There is a pleasure sure to being mad
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Swatopluk

papers for the exam.
I simply don't can't say, whether I already know all the answers and can relax or am completely clueless and should panic.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Good Luck Swato.

Mother's Milk Edward Albyn
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

The Signs on the Wall, shudder  ;)
---
Seriously, the quality of writing in chemical papers is not very good, to put it mildly. Half a century ago authors were able to write interesting, even if one did not understand what they were actually writing about. Today the publishers actually enforce bad style.
Reading a chemical paper of today is more often than not a task of endurance and suppression of yawning. They could probably publish  recipes for the panacea, theriak and elixier of immortality and few would notice because everyone fell asleep on page 3 or got some acid holes in the stomach for having to read the abysmal prose.

Griffin NoName

phpBB3 (forum software) *

*my reading matter seems to be sliding towards the standard Beagle fare......
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Chatty

Guards, Guards (T. Pratchett) and an as-yet-to-be titled PhD dissertation by some half-witted student in American Literature who is so TOTALLY ass-backwards about the works of a (late) writer I've met (OK shared a home with for four months) that I may seek out the writings of his dissertation committee before I talk to him. If they're as stupid as he is, I'll just let it all go.

Swatopluk

Would you like my PhD thesis instead?

Griffin NoName

Council Planning Application Processing : Legislation, Policies, Guidelines, Preservation Orders, Conservation Areas and Listed buildings, and Flood Plains.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: Swatopluk on July 02, 2008, 10:00:23 AM

I get lost on page one in chemistry in English. I don't suspect that putting it in German would help...

My brane wud esplode... :fireworks_spread:

Swatopluk

It is in English actually and not that much actual chemistry in it (more mathematical than chemical formulas)

Griffin NoName

The Sister Knot  Terri Apter

(Psychology - hows and whys of love/hatred/bonds etc between female siblings)
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

Quote from: Swatopluk on July 02, 2008, 10:00:23 AM

Oooh, I would! 
(srsly, do you have my email addy?  want to know what the Swato has been up to all this time)

I think I'd do better with the chem than the math, personally, but would still be very interested.

Books - just picked up two holds, one for the second time.  Might just have some actual non-legal reading time after this week as lately reading has been more a process of pick up hold, allow to collect dust, return to library. 

"The Pirate's Dilemma" - Matt Mason and "Bad Money" - Kevin Phillips.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

What capacity does your mailbox have? There are a few photos in it that eat more space than all the rest combined.