News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Sibling Chatty Goes To Jail

Started by Sibling Chatty, March 23, 2009, 07:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on April 26, 2009, 12:44:53 AM
Hmmmm I do fear some slight infection has taken hold of me from the Beagle stables.

You're confusing my loathing of the corrupt, undemocratic, underhand and bureaucratic EU with xenophobia. 
I actually rather like Europeans.  Apart from the French, obviously.

By the way, it's Labour's "all must have prizes", "instant respect without any effort" "Free GCSEs" culture which has created such a dismal education system that virtually any foreign educated youngster can read and write better English, do maths, and manage to turn up on time for a job better than the locals.

Meldrew lives!
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on April 27, 2009, 08:09:17 PM
You're confusing my loathing of the corrupt, undemocratic, underhand and bureaucratic EU with xenophobia. 

Generalisations are always difficult - are most MEPs British then?  ;)

QuoteBy the way, it's Labour's "all must have prizes", "instant respect without any effort" "Free GCSEs" culture which has created such a dismal education system that virtually any foreign educated youngster can read and write better English, do maths, and manage to turn up on time for a job better than the locals.

Meldrew lives!

There are more and more Meldrews I find. Of course, I blame the comprehensives !  Bring back Miss Beal and Miss Bus.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

By the way, where IS Chatty, anyway? I hope she's busy with the tobacco plants and not hunkered down against the flu.

Griffin NoName

She did a post a couple of days ago. She tends to just do one or two at present so if you don't read those posts, you miss her.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Well, cynical me thinks that the English have ceased to be the masters of their language long ago.
It's even in My Fair Lady (her English is too good, she can't be English :mrgreen:) ;)
I also know some non-Germans that are better in our language than what I have to see running around the streets these days on a regular base. The useless uncultured youth of yesterday maybe spoke differently out of rebellion, the youth of today seems to never have learned it properly in the first place in some (too many) places.
And one can spot this even at the university in 'hard' sciences (up to a level that there are discussions to give worse marks, if the spelling errors go above a certain limit).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Where do you think the phrase "I'll put a spell on you" comes from? ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

She turned me into a newt.

I got better.
The angels have the phone box

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: beagle on April 30, 2009, 09:12:59 PM
She turned me into a newt.

I got better.

......and the nose.  We did the nose.

But....she *is* a Witch!
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Pachyderm

This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere.  Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Bluenose

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Bruder Cuzzen

We must be certain she is lighter than a duck !

Bluenose

No no no no!  If she weighs the same as a duck, then she's made of wood, and therefore a witch!

Of course, we could try to build a bridge out of her...
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Quote from: Bluenose on May 01, 2009, 10:49:05 PM
No no no no!  If she weighs the same as a duck, then she's made of wood, and therefore a witch!

Of course, we could try to build a bridge out of her...

Pray tell, what else floats in water, aside from witches?

Darlica

Hey!

I can float with out moving a limb...
And with my crude but still knowledge about herb remedies, general psychology and tarot cards I would probably be concerned a full fledged witch by any member of the inquisition...

I've also been known to be able to stare at women hitting on my man in a way that make her start waking backwards stumble over fall on her bum then almost run away... :smirk_orange:

;D   

(Pehaps I should make a witch smily...)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous