News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Phelps and the Westboro creeps...

Started by Sibling Chatty, November 08, 2008, 05:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyderm

Is Carl Gustaf a girly-man?

And is Granny Obama a Swede? That family collects nationalities like it's going out of fashion!
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

beagle

Quote from: Pachyderm on November 12, 2008, 05:54:27 AM
Is Carl Gustaf a girly-man?

If so he's not giving it his full attention; three offspring at last count.
Not sure the term is a good test for the old Phelps hateometer anyway. I have it on reliable authority (trust me on this) that some gay/bisexual men have no more interest in effeminacy than in joining Phelps in the pews.

And is Granny Obama a Swede? That family collects nationalities like it's going out of fashion!

Think she was Irish.  There's a secret Irish plot to take over the world (see "Protocols of the Elders of Limerick") so they dropped the apostrophe from O'Bama before aiming for the presidency.

The angels have the phone box

Darlica

Well, grandma Obama is not Swedish but Phelps has condemned her to hell, for well just being her I guess... :-\

Phelps hates Sweden and the Swedish people because of a conviction against Reverend Greene for hate speech, where rev. Greene (a religious nutter in the south of Sweden)among other things called gay people a cancer tumour in the society.
He hate Carl IVX Gustaf for following the "trends" society and make his oldest daughter -the first born -the successor instead of his son, the second child. Phelps also claims that the princesses are both whores, this based on the deep cleavage on some of their Nobel festivity dresses... 
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

beagle

Quote from: Darlica on November 13, 2008, 11:31:19 AM
Well, grandma Obama is not Swedish but Phelps has condemned her to hell, for well just being her I guess... :-\

Get the impression it's hard to win with this bloke:

Be gay, straight to Hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Devote life to raising happy successful kid, straight to Hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Phelps also claims that the princesses are both whores, this based on the deep cleavage on some of their Nobel festivity dresses... 

I'd heard those Nobel ceremonies were famous for all sorts of sin and debauchery ::) , but I'm way too dim  to wangle a ticket.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

These folks are medieval, would love to go back to medieval times and (the obvious irony) would likely get the medieval treatment themselves for heresy in such case.

Where are those time machines they talk so much about? :devil2:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Darlica

Quote from: beagle on November 13, 2008, 12:46:21 PM

I'd heard those Nobel ceremonies were famous for all sorts of sin and debauchery ::) , but I'm way too dim  to wangle a ticket.

Well, Phelps hasn't directly been to one either... I think he saw some pictures of Madeleine the youngest princess a couple of years ago in a magazine wearing a dress cut a tad too deep, nothing really offending though. ::)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

The Meromorph

It's un-taddy, I know, but...

If I found Phelps and/or his ilk lying in a gutter, I'd have a real problem...

I couldn't decide whether to spit on them, p*ss on them, or sh*t on them first...

:ROFL:
Dances with Motorcycles.

Swatopluk

Sweden is the US right's favorite bogeyman for being gay commies but disturbing lack of divine punishment. Teh Phelps is just the next order of magnitude (or two).

[ :offtopic:]
Btw, Darlica, why don't you try Guess the Movie too? You are, as far as I can see, closest to the one currently to be guessed
[/  :offtopic:]
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

beagle

Another day, another Westboro Loonies story.

I suspect if we check the ancient statutes carefully we'll find one reserving a place in the Tower (at best) for anyone describing H.M. as a whore.

If all else fails Basingstoke is the spiritual home of the Civil Service, so I'm sure they can find a few hundred forms that need filling in first.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

QuoteA Freedom Youth leader said he believed the chance of the church carrying through on its picket threat was very low, given the distance its followers would have to travel.
Ha! Never underestimate the crazy!

This is ridiculous, but totally within character for the lot of them. :sigh:
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

beagle

Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on February 18, 2009, 12:21:30 AM
Ha! Never underestimate the crazy!

Basingstoke has a secret defensive weapon in the motorway M3 . People have spent years trying to get from there to the town centre; I don't rate strangers chances of doing it.

Pachyderm

I had a job interview in Amazingstoke once.

I will never return, as it took me three days, a team of sherpas and two RAF Search and Rescue helicopters to get out.

It surprises me not a jot that it is the spiritual home of the Civil Service, I can think of no more fitting tribute.

RE: Phelps (from Beagle's linky)

"Some of the best Bible preaching in the history of the world came out of that dark dismal land, but now it is full of all abominations," the notice read.

Cool. I'm an abomination. Must put that on my business card.

beagle

Why does all the good stuff like procrastination and abomination have so many syllables? Those cards are only little, and "Executive Vice-President in charge of" takes up most of it.

Pachyderm

yes, but it sounds so much more corporate than "Wastrel" ;D

beagle

I worked somewhere once where I had three different business cards.  Which pocket I produced one from depended on whether I was supposed to be technical, managerial or executive on that day. I really needed Dr Who's psychic paper.