News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Good News Channel

Started by Darlica, May 28, 2008, 09:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Don't worry P09, I am sure the FSM has them attached to the appendages in outer space. (still it's a shame all our amazing offerings are no longer available down here where the beer fountains don't flow).
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

I'm amazed; the total raised by the charity's sponsored walk in September has now gone over £1,500.  That's three times our first rough guess.  It's almost £40 for each of the 40 who took part, but in fact some raised fairly little and a few raised large amounts.  One worker raised £350!
It seems there won't be much more now, but they've done so well.  I've been congratulating participants all week.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Opsa

That's fabulous! You should be proud of yourselves, and of the generosity of your community.

Griffin NoName

Well done David.

Just heard I got a "pass" on my degree module - the essay I was writing all summer, one word at a time. It was a good pass too, only 3 marks off a distinction! Thanks for all the support, I couldn't have done it without it.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

Excellent, Griffin!  Hopefully that will boost your morale for the next modules.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on November 06, 2011, 09:15:52 AM
Hopefully that will boost your morale for the next modules.

Unfortunately not at all. This current module is rather different, difficult in a different way, and completely new territory. I am finding it much harder all round. I fear I am already making a mess of it, and I am way off writing the essay yet.
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

You can do it, Griffin, one success at a time. Congratulations!

Sibling DavidH

I've mentioned the garden that some of the charity's participants tend on a donated plot of land.  Well in the summer some beggar burned the toolshed down, which did a lot of other damage as well.

On Sunday, we put a new one up.  Much less flammable too.  All materials and labour donated, as were a large number of new tools.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

That's one nice lookin' shed you built there. 
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling DavidH

Thanks, Bob.  I did none of the making and only a little bit of the assembling.

It was the husband of one of our volunteers, plus one of his mates from Morris-dancing and one of his mates.  That's the way it works in these parts!  The frame is made of offcuts of decking and the roof is cut down pig arks.  I took photos for the press release and Wendy brought  the cakes.

Griffin NoName

Good shed!

I got my flu jab. Not painful. No repercussions so far. Normally ok in previous years so not expecting trouble.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

Best to put a lock on the shed, because someone might mistake the purpose with the moon on the door.

Very nice looking dunny, though.... ;D
WWDDD?

Sibling DavidH

;D

The lock question is being discussed.  Some are saying that if we don't lock it, it won't get broken open.  Others, including me, say if we don't lock it we'll get even more trouble.  We'll see what's decided.

I also think that the door decorations make it look like a khazi, but in fact we put in a composting toilet ("Tree Bog") on the site  last year.  The mayor opened it by cutting a ribbon of bog-roll!

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Cool.

I've seen adverts of composting toilets you can put up inside... 
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.