News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Good News Channel

Started by Darlica, May 28, 2008, 09:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivor

Sweet Aggie!  That's your Karma coming back.

I got a Eurocom Phantom-X.  It was cheap.  I could fix it and it wasn't stolen.  Good things come in threes. :D

Bunch of other stuff too.  I have a MacBook Pro 15.4" with an 80Gb Intel xm-25 in it.  It's really sweet and loaded.

Griffin NoName

Aggie, I am so glad you are somewhere good. Always worried about how tough it was where you were.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

The road was bumpy, but you got there Aggie, didn't you?  :-*

(Sweet, MB!)

Aggie

Yesterday, I went to an organic apple orchard and talked to the farmer about her family's operation and sustainable agriculture in general, picked up some organic applewood prunings to use in my smoker, stopped in at a mead-tasting event at the local honey place (and now meadery), spent some time sharpening my carving tools, walked down to the lakeshore after dinner, saw a deer swimming in the lake, sat cross-legged on a rock on the lakeshore and did some meditation (and quite a bit of fishing - casting is good for meditation   ;)), and had a moment with a hummingbird.

Yah, not much going on out here in Lotusland...   :mrgreen:
WWDDD?

Opsa

Sounds like a lot is going on in Lotusland. Beautiful!

Pachyderm

I am still gainfully employed  8) (despite being quite epically lazy  ;D), and get paid for saving the planet  :YaY:.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Being gainfully employed is certainly good news. By all means keep up the (good) work. ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Quote from: Pachyderm on May 18, 2011, 02:19:59 PM
I am still gainfully employed  8) (despite being quite epically lazy  ;D), and get paid for saving the planet  :YaY:.

Wish the same was true for me :(
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

Cuts in the department, Swato? :P

I keep trying not to be gainfully employed saving the planet, but I'm apparently dismal at it.  Back on the wrong side of the Rockies dealing with some Health & Safety stuff this week.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Contract ends on June 30th. Currently total hiring freeze, maybe I can try again next year.
But they likely prefer less lazy guys for saving the world.
Hm, should I try to join the opposing side?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Don't join the dark side!
--
I worked doing IT for the dark (BP oil) side a few years ago. I wonder if working for a renewable energy company feels better... ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

I am in the strange situation to have to defend 'my' industry on a regular base. Sympathy for the chlorine guys :D

Aggie

In my case, I'm neutral at best - helping Big Oil follow the rules.  Admittedly, some companies are very proactive and appear to actually care (most of current clients).

I consider myself a maid of sorts - changing the sheets when Big Oil sh*ts the bed. ::)
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

;D

Quote from: Swatopluk on May 18, 2011, 08:33:43 PM
Contract ends on June 30th. Currently total hiring freeze, maybe I can try again next year.

:(

? time to do all those things you never have time to do?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Indeed. A 1000 DVDs wait for watching