News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Word definition game

Started by Swatopluk, September 23, 2007, 11:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

bewonasporf  proper noun; a sub-saharan trickster spirit.

kliefehanchor
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

kliefhanchor - a kind of shawl worn crossed across the chest and pinned with a kilt pin; found in the Andes.

bakwick
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

bakwick - a ancient Egyptian scam with false promises of soul improvement

quetelwush
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

pieces o nine

quetelwush   An Aztec ceremony obliquely mentioned -- albeit not described clearly -- in extant codices, believed to celebrate a private triumph.

nyarcholepsie
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Swatopluk

nyarcholepsie - the stupor affecting survivors of close encounters with Nyarlathotep

drolefechive

Griffin NoName

drolefechive - vegatables made out of iron filings in order to amuse people

laffasticle
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

laffasticle noun,  hearty guffaws emitted by male patrons in comedy clubs, resulting in the actual loss of essential body parts. The only greater possible injury is if the comedian actually kills.

rezijewel

Swatopluk

rezijewel - a Swiss pastry brand catering to rich imbeciles. Ever heard of that goldplated raisin bun with a diamond in every raisin?

brekhtkins

Griffin NoName

brekhtins - plastic replicas of Munchkins found in cereal boxes

lothenpory
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

lothenpory - a vegetable from the allium family especially unfavored by children

flartencheps

Opsa

flartencheps- a special pair of trousers with a tight seal around the waistband and cuffs, designed to keep gas from escaping into the atmosphere and ruining a first date.

(Ye gawds, I am so freaking immature, sometimes. I have the brain of a twelve year old boy. I was born this way. I used to be precocious up until the time I turned into an eleven year old.)

tequitatious

Griffin NoName

tequitatious : liable to greet newcomers with a shot of tequila.

bartenbool
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

bartenbool - a small village in Opsastan inhabited only by little people, which is why it is never capitalized. In bartenbool they like things small and that's how it's going to stay.

frenoigh

roystonoboogie

frenoigh: to make the facial expression of one undergoing frenuloplasty.

Custrato

Opsa

Custrato- a male singing voice used to depict one who is being utterly defeated, as per Custer at Little Big Horn.

gherlique