News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Word definition game

Started by Swatopluk, September 23, 2007, 11:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

dondracherp- a songbird of extreme southern Sri Lanka

excephalo

Swatopluk

excephalo - part of the Egyption mummification process, specifically the removal of the brain through the nose

poudochan
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Opsa

poudochan- a "bowl" haircut once thought to have originated in China, but later found to have been invented by Moe Howard in the earlier part of the twentieth century.

gungle

Swatopluk

gungle - a precursor of the cupcake. Originally Austrian (Gungele, diminuitive form of Gugel)) it got popular in Switzerland at the turn of the 20th century (as the Gungli). During arms talks in Geneva an American catering company (US delegates do not eat foreign food) got hold of the recipe and marketed it in the US under the more English sounding name 'Gungle'. Because it got also trademarked plagiarists changed the name and slightly also the outer appearance and sold it under the now common term cupcake.

liffeling

Griffin NoName

liffeling - Irish river fish, particularly in the Dublin area but also found elsewhere at certain times of the year

pitoforous
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

pitoforous - a linguistic term that refers to those indogermanic languages that did no undergo the switch from i to a as in *pitar > father, pater, Vater

selemnic

Opsa

selemnic- a person who is addicted to plastic surgery.

higotrism

Swatopluk

higotrism - addiction to the alkaloids from higota serpentifolia, a shrublike plant native to Brazil

hudralgan

Griffin NoName

hudralgan - a character from a future Harry Potter novel that will never be written, published or even conceived.

barsing
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

barsing - karaoke before the modern equipment got invented. Still practised in some rural pubs.

brengerist

Griffin NoName

brengerist - someone addicted to cleaning guns

loristivious
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

loristivious - showing the peculiar behaviour of Loris. Rarely meant as a compliment

servalitude

Griffin NoName

servalitude - a hatred of servants, usually displayed by the upper claasses

serviscitude
Psychic Hotline Host

pieces o nine

serviscitude  the slings and arrows of waiting on an outrageous public.

sleenges
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

sleenges - the struts that connect the skids of a sled with the load carrying part

ilrikr