News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What are you drinking?

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), June 30, 2007, 01:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Lindorm

Yesterday, we tried a bottle of Inca-Kola from Peru, bought in a local Latin American grocery store.

The colour was an interesting day-glo yellow, sort of what you might imagine a urine sample from a Chernobyl mutant would look like.

The nose of the beverage was powerful, almost overwhelming, with a fragrance of bubble gum, and a vague citrus aroma reminiscent of a citric acid-based detergent that i use to clear of algae and mold from the hull of our boat.

Taste-wise, the drink was very sweet, leaving a slightly sticky residue in your mouth. The taste was similar to the nose, with a clear and strong citrus and bubble gum prescense. The taste was very powerful, but also very short, with little or no aftertaste whatsoever, apart from the lingering sweetness. This also made the drink taste strangely watered-down, despite the very strong initial impact. In a way; i suppose one could liken it to an overy sweetened and watered-down Irn Bru.

Suggested pairings: Perhaps a bag of crisps with a really weird flavour? I don't think it will work well with oysters or shellfish, and winegums might lead to synthetic sugar overdosing.

Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Swatopluk

Sounds like one of those "100% chemistry" drinks that were so in fashion in my youth ;)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Amazingly enough I've had access to Inca Cola for a good while but I've never tried it. Outside of Colombian sodas, I've tried Mexican (Jarritos is a favorite) and Cuban ones, Materva might appeal to tea drinkers, and for fruit flavors Jupiña may be enjoyable for pineapple fans. Also you can find Peruvian or Brazilian guaraná drinks that taste a bit less synthetic than the average hypercaffeinated power drink.

Or perhaps you wanna try Colombiana "champagne" soda (supposedly simmilar to Irn Bru)?

Swatopluk

Sibling DavidH

Newton Farm medium cider.  When this lot is gone, the new anti-Conservative penal prices will apply.

beagle

Quote from: Lindorm on March 27, 2010, 11:15:16 AM
Suggested pairings: Perhaps a bag of crisps with a really weird flavour? I don't think it will work well with oysters or shellfish, and winegums might lead to synthetic sugar overdosing.

Possibly it improves with altitude? Otherwise it might be an interesting substitute for the Blue Nun in our 70s set menu we devised earlier. Or an emergency emetic, for use after said menu.
The angels have the phone box

Swatopluk

The usual chamomile tea plus (being thirsty) the last coke from the last bottle at hand.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: DavidH on March 28, 2010, 05:49:57 PM
Newton Farm medium cider.  When this lot is gone, the new anti-Conservative penal prices will apply.
Can't you make your own?

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/2007-10-01/How-to-Make-Hard-Cider.aspx
---
Beaujolais Villages a while ago, now iced tea.

ivor

I owe the IRS how much? :mrgreen:  I would be drinking a bottle of scotch right now if I could afford it and/or hadn't stopped drinking! I need a straight jacket and a rubber room! :mrgreen:  Ahhhh!!!!  :mrgreen:

Sibling DavidH

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)
Can't you make your own?

I'm sure we could.  There's thousands of acres of cider apples round here and we could easily scrump a few pounds come October.  Whether it would be drinkable is another question!   :mrgreen:

For now, however, it's even more coffee.

Swatopluk

What else but tea despite an hour late

Aggie

Unsweetened cocoa (cocoa powder in hot water - the theobroma equivalent of black coffee).
WWDDD?

Pachyderm

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....