News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Shoutbox back open!

Started by Opsa, March 05, 2007, 06:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

This is old news, but some people did not know that the shoutbox (also known her in the monastery as the Chantbox) is back and operating on our Home page.

It is located at the very bottom of the screen.

Simply type in the blank box below the conversation screen. If you are registered and logged in, it should show your name when you enter a line. If not, it may show you as "Guest". If you are registered and loged on and still getting a "guest" title in the shoutbox, try logging out and then back in again.

I usually type in a greeting when I check in on the monastery. If you want to try a conversation, you may post in Announcements / "I'm in the Chant Room" and see if anyone is available to chat with you.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Opsanus tau on March 05, 2007, 06:49:08 PM
If you want to try a onversation, you may post in Announcements / "I'm in the Chant Room" and see if anyone is available to chat with you.

What? And watch everyone hurriedly scurry away?   ::) 

:daz: :daz: :daz:

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Did I really type "onversation"? Foo. I guess I'm a few flamingos short of a trailer park.

Griffin NoName

Fast fingers?  (for eating fast food)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Dearest MB

would it be a pain to put the shoutbox in a page by itself and create a frame so we can browse the forum and see new messages at the same time?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Good idea, Sibling Zono!

Usually I have to open another window to do that.

ivor

Sorry but I can't.  The shout box used to be on every page but there's some kind of arcane bug that causes problems when it is on a forum page.

I usually open two windows.  In FireFox you can hold the control key down and click on a URL and it opens in another tab.

MB

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Even if it is a simple html frameset?

I was thinking in something like this.

If the chat is unwrapped and in a stand-alone page it would be better, I think.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

ivor

Unfortunately the chant box is a joomla component.  I can do stuff like you show, I just would rather do a full-on ground-up website but I don't have the time.  When I get my new server and business class FIOS I will probably redo everything  in that Google AJAX API. Everything will be unbelievably cool then.  That should happen before the end of the year.