News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

How old are you (note, different to birthday thread)

Started by Gloria The Camel, January 20, 2007, 11:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagle

Avoid routine would be my advice to the under 20s. Once you start doing the same thing every day whole decades will disappear like summer afternoons. Bet that's cheered you up.

The angels have the phone box

Aggie

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on January 21, 2007, 02:57:03 AM
Age?  Let's see, 2007, born in '58, but it's before my birthday, so subtract 1--no, that doesn't work.

Okay. start again.  Born in '58.  in April of 2008, I'll obviously be 50.  Subtract 1. [49] It's 07, but before April. Subtract another 1.

I'm 48! 

Hey, that's cool! When did I get to be nearly 50?  I really need to pay attention to these things--but the d~mn thing changes every year!

Hey, you use the same method I do!  But I start with 1980, so I have the luxury of adding +20, and then -1 for most of the year, and this decade it's even easier, because I knock out the 00's and subtract 1.

Mentally?  Continually striving for 35, with a love for play of a 6-8 year old.
WWDDD?

Bluenose

Well, I'll be 50 in November, which means that in hexadecimal, I am currently sitting on 31 - yeah!  don't you just love that techno geeky stuff?  I think I'll just keep changing my counting number base as I age to stay 30 something forever!

GTC, please stay!  I enjoy reading your posts and at no time have I ever thought you were being an idiot (of course being silly in the Pirate forum is compulsory but that's different), and frankly I would never have guessed your age from your posts, at a pinch (ie is forced to decide) I would have thought mid twenties or something.

Anyway, the important thing to remember about this site is that everyone is entitled to respect.  We may disagree about particular issues but it is required that we do so in a civil, respectful and preferably friendly manner.  You will find people here, for example, that disagree at the most basic level about some of the most important questions in life (for example, is there a God?), but we can still be friends and have constructive discussions because we respect each other.

Sibling Bluenose
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Bruder Cuzzen

This year shall be the 17th anniversity of my 30th birthday.I'd still be one if i lived on Jupiter.

Swatopluk

I hope when/if I reach that age there will be a "Just 71" magazine ;)
Not yet half there.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Darlica

Let's see, I'm born 1974 in November...
That would make me 32 for now.

If I mostly feel like I'm somewhere between 26 and 28, but there are days when I feel like 150 years old... and other when my inner child rules me completely. If I get to spend a day on my stomach watching bugs scamper around I'm one happy kid. :D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Pachyderm

To the joy of my family and friends, the consternation of my enemies, and the perpetual surprise of anyone who knew me at Uni, I am 34.

Where did it all go? Bar the Uni bit. I personally remember very little, but lots of people had cameras, so that's covered.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....