News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Whatsapp Nightmare

Started by Griffin, November 08, 2017, 09:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin

I've got several accounts, email, facebook, etc I have to check every day. I already feel really overloaded.

Now a group of people want me to communicate with them by Whatsapp.

I do not want to have yet another communication portal, my phone is overloaded, I have great difficulty typing more than a few words on my phone.

What I'd like to achieve is Whatsapp to automatically use one of my existing accounts, which I access on my laptop, like say gmail, which I check every day.

How?

Or is there another solution?
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

I'm afraid this isn't very humble at all, but I say fuck 'em. ;)

You aren't required to adopt every new platform, so you'll have to weigh whether it's worth the energy to use this if there are other ways to communicate. 

Of course, I'm a Luddite who refuses to get involved with social media (and gets a bit socially isolated as a result).

WhatsApp is a Facebook product, so maybe you can have the facebox take care of it for you?  I'm not the right person to ask...
WWDDD?

Griffin

I though Whatsapp was an Apple Product. edit[/] Just  checked, bought by Facebook so bow to yr wisdom

The group are the leaseholders in this block,  so quite important.
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Ah, that's important. 

There does appear to be a Whatsapp Web application that you can use on your computer, although it still might require the app on your phone.  It's not a total solution (still requires a separate interface), but at least removes the need to type on your phone.
WWDDD?

Griffin

Yes. The desktop just synchronises with one's phone.

Things gone from bad to worse as now someone who is crazy about what the neighbours think has got control of the whole block, making all decisions what to spend service charge on. So I definitely don't want to join the Whatsapp group as my blood pressure will rocket.

I am moving instead.
Psychic Hotline Host