News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

A BAD Day

Started by Griffin NoName, February 08, 2014, 12:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

The Saturday postman buzzed my entry phone TWICE - it is very loud, wakes me up, and I leap a mile in shock nearly hitting the ceiling. When I picked up the entry phone, which involves getting out of bed, I could hear he was speaking to another resident in one of the other flats, who let him in, SO HE HAD NO NEED TO BUZZ ME AT ALL. This is what he does, he just pushes all the buzzers for every flat all at once. HE HAS RUINED MY DAY. Being woken up in the morning is the worst thing that can happen to me. I only got to sleep at 7 am. but can never get back to sleep and I am too exhausted to do anything much.  There is no way to switch the buzzers off and anyway what if it is genuinely for me? Extra cross today as he didn't even have any letters for me STUPID MAN. I am really angry and feeling extra ill and cannot do anything to prevent him doing this in future. This is not the first time. oh and I have a migraine and have taken all the migraine pills I am allowed which hasn't worked.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bluenose

Oh, wow.  I would be so pissed off, I can't begin to tell you.  But then I guess you can, actually.  I'm going to bed soon with a tooth ache.  I've taken some paracetamol + codeine for it, but I'm not too hopeful.  If I have trouble sleeping, I'll think of you.  Perhaps we can be miserable together.  Hope you somehow manage to get some sleep, dear Griff.  Sending all the peaceful sleeping thoughts I can from the antipodes...
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

Poor sibs! Sending some sandman vibes.
:goodvibes:

Griffin NoName

Sorry about your toothache Blue. Only earache runs it a close race. Why do these things happen at weekends?

I have managed a half hour sleep. Not enough. But then, no amount is ever enough.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Wow that was an awful day. Felt so horribly ill. Not so bad today. Had a better sleep.
Psychic Hotline Host

Bluenose

Good to hear Griff.   :)

I too feel much better after another night's sleep.  Tooth ache seems to have gone away.  I'll have to go see the dentist soon anyway so hopefully it won't come back before then.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Darlica

Good to hear you feel better! :)
Lack of sleep can really do a number on anyone. I had to call in sick two days last week for that reason.  :(

A completely different thing:

Congratulations to your 2 smoke free years Griffin!
Good job!

:fireworks_smile:
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Opsa

I noticed that, too, and second that celebration!
:kisshands: :clink: :cup: :glomp: :stars:

Griffin NoName

OOooo. I hadn't noticed !!

I'm not nicotine free as I'm using an e-cig. But I often forget to use it so eventually I hope it will just become redundant.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

Nicotine alone is much, much easier to take and leave (and significantly less harmful) than the habit of smoking, so that's a success in my books.  :thumbsup:
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Yes, it's the whole activity and feel of smoking a real cigarette that I miss. The e-cig stops me doing anything about that, but is not really very satisfying in itself.
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

A REALLY BAD DAY.

Someone downstairs is making horrendous noises. They are obviously renovating one of the flats. The noises are different and many, and hugely loud, I cannot really express how loud, and awful.

Hence, I got woken early in the morning and have had no proper sleep since. It is effectively the same as being kept awake all night for a normal person. I feel so exhausted and so ill. I can't do anything. I am so afraid it will be the same tomorrow. It tends toe go on for ages when people renovate their flats. This one is noisier than any that have gone before.

I have about 6 hours of study I must do for my Continuing Professional Development, by the end of the month. It is hard for me. I can do an hour one day at a time, but not every day. If this noise goes on I will not meet the deadline (the material will go offline on 30th) and that will be that. A waste of the fee I paid and the information I am learning which is very useful and I need to know.

No one really understands how hellish stuff like this is for people with ME/CFS. We have no resilience at all. I am coming off one of my anti-depressants because I am to have a dopamine scan and it affects dopmaine levels, so I knew already I would get depressed. Now I am getting more depressed than I would have. At this rate I will be too ill to even go for the scan.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

I can sympathize with the noise... a big factor in moving from my current house is the cement plant on the end of the block. Heavy machinery, trucks and gravel augers do not make for happy awakenings.

Even during normal waking hours that sort of noise is pretty disorienting.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Garrrgh! Things go on being BAD.

The noise has abated, at least for now.

BUT

The computer system used by my surgery and chemist has eaten all the prescriptions and none have been made up and delivered. I assumed, as you would, that this would be rectified but it hasn't. They are waiting for people to run out of their medication, so that they will then tell the pharmicist and then they will give us a week's worth and re-order. This is outrageous. I am owed 10 medications. I cannot wait to run out; this will be awful. Especially as they never have my meds in stock and takes days and weeks to order them. they won't have any when I run out.

I just cannot cope with this kind of stress. Every month it is a nightmare, and this month, now, with this additional problem, it is worse than ever. I don't know what to do. I am exhausted. Stress exhausts me. People don't realise how dangerous stress is for me.

How can the chemist just do nothing?
Psychic Hotline Host