News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Started by pieces o nine, November 28, 2013, 05:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

So Skype wanted to update and I clicked  SURE, BECAUSE WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

The log-in window changed to a mini bluescreen of death with an endlessly swirling white cursor symbolizing the virtual hole my account had fallen into, with no actual log-in actually occurring.

I followed various magickal incantations per instructions, including attempting to go back to previous version, changing my skype password, 're-setting' IE, assorted yoga postures, intoning obscure passages from the Thunder Perfect Mind, and waiting for the stars to realign for about an hour.

:hitPC:       :voodoo:

For no discernible reason, skype has suddenly reanimated and allowed me to log in. One suspects they've been seeking innovative functional suggestions from the Google+/YouTube team...

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Indeed.  What could possibly go wrong?  ..go wrong... ..go wrong... ..go wrong... ..go wrong... ... ...
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

I've noticed recent updates to Skype want to mate with other stuff like IE. I think I've prevented it, but the updates certainly take longer than they used to, while nothing much seems to actually happen. I assume the update program contains tumbleweed without the pictures in order to perplex the punters.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bluenose

When installing updates and new software, it's always a good idea to create a restore point first.  That way if it all goes pear shaped you can simply restore your system to the way it was before you started.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.