News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

"Canadian Smalltalk" (weather - all nations included!) Thread

Started by Aggie, November 29, 2006, 06:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Sunny, but cool and windy again today. Beastly old lamb!

pieces o nine

Woke up to snow covering everything - not too deep, just the cold, wet, spring snow that's good for the ground. By mid-afternoon the white filth was falling again. After work I started brushing snow from the car; by the time I made one compete circuit, you couldn't even tell I had removed anything from where I started!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: pieces o nine on March 23, 2013, 02:07:03 AM
By mid-afternoon the white filth
That was considerate of you, the term I'd heard was white sh!t (actually I heard it first in Spanish: mierda blanca).  :D
--
None of that around here, a little bit of much needed rain and very much average temps on the 70sF/20sC.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Floods and blizzards. But not here. The weather symbol shows snow, but in fact it is just raining, with fairly high winds.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Sunny currently.

Temperatures are forecast to drop even further (maybe -15°C in some areas of the city). White Easter seems to be likely.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling DavidH

Made it to Exeter; the first half of the journey was through falling snow.  Here in the southwest there has been torrential rain instead.

Opsa

Clear and mild here today, but snow expected tomorrow and Monday!

Mierda blanca!

Griffin NoName

Rain turned to snow in the early hours - but too warm (4o) to settle.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

We have a big ol' nasty snowstorm headed our way tonight. Bummer- as we have a road trip tomorrow. I hope it winds up just melting, like in Griffinland.
Would still prefer Zonoland!

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling DavidH

Bruder Cuzzen

Soaking up as much sunshine as possible , still cold .

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

pieces o nine

The snow melted from sidewalk and most of drive before I could shovel it...
(darn the luck!)

The sunshine on windowsills is quite lovely.

But the wind is darntootin cold.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bluenose

What is this snow of which you all speak?

Is it anything like that horrible white stuff they keep at the top of mountains that freezes your toeses even though you're wearing your best thongs (flip flops)?
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.