News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Deer Crossing?

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, October 17, 2012, 07:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

An audio track of an allegedly serious caller into a radio show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI8UPHMzZm8
[youtube=425,350]CI8UPHMzZm8[/youtube]

Amusing, if real.  According to the scuttlebutt, it is a real telephone call.

If true, then it's rather a sad case of extreme ignorance and utter lack of logical ability in a human being.

But also .... kinda funny.

Person 1: "It has to be true!"
Person 2: "how do you know?"
Person 1: "I read it on the internet-- and they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true!"
Person 2: "how do you know that?"
Person 1: "Don't be silly.  I read it on the internet"
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Follow on interview-- the story was real.

The person was a wee bit naive is what it turns out to be.

She's not as dumb as she first appears to be-- a simple case of false viewpoint.   I kind of like her, in spite of herself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB1yEcdomt0

[youtube=425,350]JB1yEcdomt0[/youtube]

But more to the point?  She has demonstrated far more grace than I would wager 90% of most humans.  Kudos, Donna!  You have an amazing personality.   I'll drink at toast to you anytime.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

It sounds genuine up until the point where he explains about the signs to her. Because she doesn't engage at all with what he has said, it then starts to seem less convincing. I can imagine she thinks somehow the landscape is engineered to provide deer crossing points in the wrong places, but hard to believe when she makes it clear she thinks the deer are reading the signs.

EDIT this post refers to original vid. and crossed with your posting the second, Bob.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

We were talking with my son on Monday about something completely different (movie ratings on IMDB if you must know) and he was surprised that some very good thoughtful movies had the same rating as entertaining but not very substantive movies. My point to him was that the normal Gauss statistical graph covers both the high and the low on the same proportion, so in the case of movies, the number of thoughtful moviegoers is equivalent to the number of not-so-bright moviegoers.

The same graph applies to everything, so for every bright scientist, engineer, artist, physician, etc, there is an equal number of not-so-bright individuals walking among us.

The lady's comments on the deer would be clever for a five year old, naivete notwithstanding, which would place her on the left portion of the graph...
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.