News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Alas, nothing is forever.

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, March 31, 2012, 05:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I am sad to say, my black kitty, Samantha died last night from a long illness.   She went quietly in her sleep, slowly breathing her last breath. 

She refused to give in, and refused to give up, even though she lost in the very end anyway.   She was not in noticeable pain, as far as anyone could tell-- she was simply, and slowly, dying.

Life is just too damn short.

:'(  :'(  :'(

I'm kinda bummed, naturally, but I'm kinda relieved for her too-- she can rest a long-deserved rest.

I'm gonna miss her-- she was always the first to the door when I came home, Galileo (my other cat) too often demonstrated classical cat: "Oh.  it's you.  feed me."

Sammie always had a all-but-silent "mew" for me, and would run to greet me at the door, regardless of what odd hour it was I was coming home.   This always earned her a lavish coat-brushing, but not to be picked up-- she always hated that.

So I will be forced to pick her up one last time, and take her.... somewhere.  I've not yet decided where (she's currently in cold storage, until I may sort out my feelings-- she won't mind, as she always preferred colder than hotter, if she had a choice).

I think it's not quite yet sunk in.

Alas, poor kitty, I will miss your quiet ways.

:tlite: :catroll: :tlite:

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

WWDDD?

Roland Deschain

I'm sorry to hear of Sammie, Bob. My last cat went similarly, just faded away. I hope that you are able to think of the good times with her.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Thanks, all.

I'm feeling a bit better, having had me a little cry-- writing about it, and re-reading it again later, has helped immensely.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

My sympathies are with you, Bob. I so hate to see a kitty go. But we have to just keep loving them, all the same.
:candle:
Here's to the best kitties!  :heartbeat: