News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

If I won the Lottery...

Started by Aggie, October 31, 2006, 04:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

It seems that you and I have some different priorities. We need to have them. Depressing (but "mentally healthy") reality says that we're NOT in a position to be able to get all our needs through working for them anymore.

No such thing as unlimited funds, and definitely, TANSTAAFL.

The personal chef idea sounds good. Cooking dinner tonight made me need to lie down for an hour before I had the energy to eat. ::) ::) ::)

Talk about a waste of energy...all that cooking and digesting and stuff? If PEG tubes didn't hurt like a big ol' dawg, i'd ask about doing that again.
This sig area under construction.

goat starer

Agujjim. If you won the lottery I would quickly become your best frtiend on the whole site!

:-*

goat
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Aggie

Hehe....  I hope ALL my dear friends would come and hang out on the island Monastery, but you'd be especially welcome.  Can I trust a goat to tend the mango trees?   ;D

Actually, I think the island retreat would cost less to set up than one in Canada... I saw an island with two houses on it for about $250,000 US a while back on the 'net (less than a house here, and I suspect that one could find a better price if shopping in person). 
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Hmmm, now if Aggie was our personal chef I could spend my lottery win on uncorruptable free drug distribution networks and moving people to areas where they can actually survive and have a life.

On eating, I chose not to cook/eat tonight, too knackered. But at least I could have theoretically. :)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

goat starer

I won the lottery today! 10 whole english pounds! hooray  ;D
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: goat starer on November 18, 2006, 11:27:45 PM
I won the lottery today! 10 whole english pounds! hooray  ;D

Look at it this way*: 

you won 18.86 US Dollar(s) (at today's rate)
- or -
you won 14.7655 Euros
- or -
you won 21.5381 Canadian Dollars

- or - (my favorite)
you won 2,233.02 Japanese Yen -- that's two-thousand, two-hundred thirty-three and two one-hundredths yen

courtesy of http://www.gocurrency.com/currency-conversion.htm
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Vita Curator

The Powerball lottery is worth 240 million tonight, so I went crazy and bought two tickets instead of one.   :D

Wish me luck!
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Bluenose

And when you win, you will remember all your friends, right?  :D ;)
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

The Meromorph

Quote from: Bluenose on January 24, 2007, 11:55:32 PM
And when you win, you will remember all your friends, right?  :D ;)
Sure.
Fondly.
From a beach somewhere...

:D :-*
Dances with Motorcycles.

Vita Curator

Well, I didn't win.  I am so disappointed!  The odds were SO in my favor, only about 175 million to one, and I didn't win, huh, go figure!  :D

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I'm pretty sure you've won.

But now you're trying to hush things up so you don't have to share with you're friends...
Don't worry, I won't tell anyone (for a small sum...)  ;) ;) ;)

I'm back..

Vita Curator

Quote from: Kiyoodle the Gambrinous on January 25, 2007, 04:12:00 PM
I'm pretty sure you've won.

But now you're trying to hush things up so you don't have to share with you're friends...
Don't worry, I won't tell anyone (for a small sum...)  ;) ;) ;)

Ah, you know that I would share with all of my sweet poppet siblings!

How much do you want to keep silent?   ;)

The Meromorph

I'll keep silent for a (diet) banana popsicle...  ;)
Dances with Motorcycles.

Vita Curator

Quote from: The Meromorph (Quasimodo) on January 26, 2007, 03:34:45 AM
I'll keep silent for a (diet) banana popsicle...  ;)

Ah, a man after my own heart.  You got it Mero, I love banana popsicles as well (rootbeer coming in a close second)!

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Vita Curator on January 25, 2007, 01:47:55 PM
Well, I didn't win.  I am so disappointed!  The odds were SO in my favor, only about 175 million to one, and I didn't win, huh, go figure!  :D

Let's see:  175,000,000 to 1 against.

Now, I didn't buy a ticket at all.  You could say my odds were infinity to 1 against--but, you'd be wrong, actually.  I'm betting on a human mistake, to send me the winnings anyway. ::) (And you can BE CERTAIN that if I DID win, I'd be looooong gooooone before anyone caught on.  ;D )

And, I calculate that my odds are at least 2 times better than yours were.  ;D  ;D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)