News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

a funny picture

Started by goat starer, December 03, 2009, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goat starer

as seen on a door in Bradford. It was the moment i realised it was all to funny to take that seriously..

----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

beagle

Good to see you back Goat. I didn't get where I am today by taking it seriously.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/picturegalleries/signlanguage/
The angels have the phone box

Opsa

Well, I hope you complied by taping the button down, then.

Beagle, What a hoot! This was my favorite.

beagle

I rather liked "The grass is smiling at you, please detour".   Had a rather 60s feel...

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Here's also a nice thing for those, who like nice writings of walls, although a little different, sometimes very funny:

http://www.picturesofwalls.com/

I'm back..

Swatopluk

I could link to a German page but since those signs or paper misprints are in German, that might not be of much use. Except maybe the one of the driving school offering a "crash course" (i.e. a 'get your license quickly' offer)

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

LOLing at the 'FISH MASSAGE' - I think they are referring to Dr. Fish, but it could be a misinterpretation of tuina massage. ;)
WWDDD?

beagle

Quote from: Swatopluk on December 04, 2009, 11:17:19 AM
I could link to a German page but since those signs or paper misprints are in German, that might not be of much use. Except maybe the one of the driving school offering a "crash course" (i.e. a 'get your license quickly' offer)

I liked that Youtube  advert for English lessons where the apparently bourgeois German (non- English speaking) parents are happily singing along to the rap song in the front of the car while their kids look stunned at their words in the back.

goat starer

my other local favorite is a sig in the aagrah restaurant in Shipley which reads...

Caution! Floor may Appear Slippy!

well is it? if it is than a i would suggest telling people clearly.. if it only appears slippy then i'm not sure what kind of caution i could exhibit...

one for the philosophers.
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Griffin NoName

I think Slippy is probably a nickname for the chef or a waiter who is presumably always drunk.......
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

This one is very well known, but IMO still funny:

I only just found this one:

ivor

I saw a sign today while a car was coming at me today head on in the wrong lane on a divided road...  (Really)

"Be our Valentine, buy a car."

I almost bought a farm though... :mrgreen:

Sibling DavidH

Nasty!  No wonder Sir Humph doesn't like cars.  :mrgreen:

Aggie

Quote from: Griffin NoName on December 07, 2009, 02:48:49 AM
I think Slippy is probably a nickname for the chef or a waiter who is presumably always drunk.......

Was he born that way? ;)
WWDDD?