News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Parodies

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), September 19, 2008, 03:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Again encouraged by our beloved Darlica I dared to create a thread for parodies hoping that if you know some you'll post them here for all to enjoy.
---
My first suggestion is Movies in 15 Minutes. Cleolinda is a very talented parody writer that for some reason hasn't been able to print her book of parodies in the US (the book is available in the UK though). Her original parodies were written in her livejournal and are free to read for all. As with many parodies, watching the movie first will make it easier to understand, but then again if you are not watching the movie, the parody might be a better deal  :D (for instance I refuse to see Hidalgo but I enjoyed the parody very much).
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

pieces o nine

Great link, Zono.   :typing:    :giggle:

I always get a kick out of her parodies (her V 4 Vendetta is among my favorites!) and I am waiting for the day that a US publisher gets with the program.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I recommend the Barry Trotter series.

Guess which series it parodies... :)

I'm back..

Swatopluk

Btw, WB tried to sue Bollywood for a charcater named Hari Bhuttar (spelling of last word?). They lost when it was revealed that it means Son of God (probably in Hindi) and is anything but new.
What will the fundie wingnuts make of that? :o
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

For all you Lord of the Rings fans, there was a classic, Bored of the Rings.

Apparently, after 51 years, it's still in print (original was around 1969) amazon linky.

It is a very tongue-in-cheek retelling of the major plotlines of the three books by Tolkien.   Loaded with silly name-parodies of the various characters, such as Dildo Bugger and his nephew Frito Bugger. 

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

I read a strongly worded Letter to the Editor  a few years ago from an outraged mother who had picked up and rented Lord of the G-Strings  for her kids, believing it to be Peter Jackson's film. Apparently, they all watched most -- if not all -- of it, before the 40-watt bulb turned on in her head. She was demanding Stricter Standards! and Clearer Warning! Labels and Decency in the Film Industry!

(I guess the cover picture and title itself wasn't enough of a hint for her.)  :bop:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on October 03, 2008, 05:16:07 PM

Apparently, after 51 years, it's still in print (original was around 1969) amazon linky.

It is a very tongue-in-cheek retelling of the major plotlines of the three books by Tolkien.   Loaded with silly name-parodies of the various characters, such as Dildo Bugger and his nephew Frito Bugger. 

NOT 51 years, I'm only 55 and I have my first edition copy.

39 years. I'm NOT that old. :o

:mrgreen:
This sig area under construction.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on October 04, 2008, 03:28:45 AM
Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on October 03, 2008, 05:16:07 PM

NOT 51 years, I'm only 55 and I have my first edition copy.

39 years. I'm NOT that old. :o

:mrgreen:

I didn't do the math, but here is a direct copy from Amazon's site:

QuoteProduct Details
* Paperback: 176 pages
* Publisher: Roc Trade; 51 Anv edition (July 1, 1993)
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 0451452615
* ISBN-13: 978-0451452610
* Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 5.2 x 0.6 inches
* Shipping Weight: 4.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)

I suppose I didn't think about it much, but "51 Anv edition"?  translated into "51st anniversary edition" .... but if it was published in 1969 originally?  That would be only 39 years...

....I give up.  What does "51 Anv edition" mean?  ???  ::)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

That Amazon copy is written by morons?

Ya never know.

51 Anvils?
This sig area under construction.