News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Sibling Below Me...

Started by DaveL, October 03, 2006, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I was about to feed them ;)

TSBM enjoys more sophisticated forms of torture entertainment
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Indeed, indeed. Usually involves grading essays written lik they wr frum t3h internets w/o da humor. U get it? hahahaha

:spontaneously combusts:

The sibling below me is annoyed that they'll have to clean up my soot.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

pieces o nine

Not at all! I am collecting it to make lampblack ink for my next essay.

The Sibling Below Me prefers writing with Dragon's Blood.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

:offtopic:
Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on September 15, 2008, 04:50:20 PM
Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on September 15, 2008, 09:41:37 AM
* thanks, Wikipedia. and Cartoon Network.... and sadly, I've actually seen a few fractions of episodes of that show...
*sniffs* I actually like that show. And I own the first season, too.

;D  (and I most humbly apologize.....taste is a very personal thing, yes?  just not my thing, even though I'm a fan of Robot Chicken and South Park... it must just be me, as Wiki indicated the show was quite popular....maybe it's a generational thing?  I'm 5 decades, you know...! )

now, we return you to your regularly scheduled thread...
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on September 16, 2008, 05:52:42 AM
* thanks, Wikipedia. and Cartoon Network.... and sadly, I've actually seen a few fractions of episodes of that show...

;D  (and I most humbly apologize.....taste is a very personal thing, yes?  just not my thing, even though I'm a fan of Robot Chicken and South Park... it must just be me, as Wiki indicated the show was quite popular....maybe it's a generational thing?  I'm 5 decades, you know...! )

Hang on a sec, before we return to normal.
Perhaps I'd best not show it to my father then, who's about your age, Bob. And perhaps if we ever do a Monastery-IRL thing, I'll subject you to a couple of the better episodes (ones that involve flying axes and melting cardinals and what might be Satan!).

Kay. You can go back to TSMB-ing again...
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on September 16, 2008, 06:05:51 AM
Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on September 16, 2008, 05:52:42 AM

Hang on a sec, before we return to normal.
Perhaps I'd best not show it to my father then, who's about your age, Bob. And perhaps if we ever do a Monastery-IRL thing, I'll subject you to a couple of the better episodes (ones that involve flying axes and melting cardinals and what might be Satan!).

Kay. You can go back to TSMB-ing again...

I do try to experience new things...the few bits I saw were confusing, and loud (not a huge metal fan anyway) so I changed the channel.  But, if you know of a good episode coming up, and when it's to be on, I'll make a point to DVR it and watch.  I'll even post a review, if you like.  :mrgreen:

And just to keep Griffin happy....

I would prefer writing in Dragon's Blood, except that it keeps burning through the paper, and I'm too cheap poor (yeah, that's it...poor) to afford proper deamon skin vellum. 

The sibling below me would prefer Elf's Blood, except that lately it's too hard to come by, what with Elves being known liberals and all.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sadly I can't find Billy & Mandy's episode in which the elves trick the dwarfs to take the mushroom business while they keep the lucrative cookie business.

TSBM is still devastated by the news of the end of the show (about a year ago).

I truly am. I LOVED that show. Must buy the seasons.

TSBM has a cell phone circa 1985 that they use as self-protection.

Well, I did.  But a friend's foundation was sinking fast, and we needed something to prop it up with....something large, heavy and brick-like...and I had this old 1985 Motorola thing that was larger and much heaver than any brick...so...

The sibling below me thought that cell phones in the analog days were much more useful, and lugging around the batteries was good exercise anyway.  Besides that satchel they came in was a nice fashion accessory.

pieces o nine

Mmmmmm...no. Instead I was delighted to fob my parent's old "bag phone"  : shudders : off onto an unsuspecting Garage Sale attendee who thought it was "cool".

The Sibling Below Me has never placed a call on a permanently wall-mounted, standard black, rotary dial phone in his/her young life.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My brother and I suspect they never actually *had* the connecting service for the 'Bag Phone', just toted it about for 'safety'...    :ROFL:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

DaveL

Can you SMS me how to operate one of those things? They look positively archaic.

The Sibling below me is postively archaic.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Swatopluk

I follow the very archaic custom of posting (esp. Last).

The sibling below me prinks his/her plit
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I prought the prest way was to spream to the phreavens...

TSBM has his nose stuffed

Griffin NoName

It's stuffed with bits they chooped off my ear.*

*this is true, removing cancer from my nose left a crater. ;)

TsBM has looked over their shoulder so often that their head is now stuck backwards.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

But then I used the teleport from Spaceballs and all was normal again

The sibling below me wants to see Not-the-other-Palin wrestling a wolf, a moose, and a bear (before awarding her the lion tamer hat)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.