News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Sibling Below Me...

Started by DaveL, October 03, 2006, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Indeed.  The first time I changed the transmission fluid on an automatic, I had fluid everywhere.... messy.

The sibling below me is secretly working on an automatic transmission that doesn't use any fluids...
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Electric?

TSBM knows that the nitrogen for superconducting uses is a fluid.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

Yes, I checked....  now my finger is 100% solid.

TSBM intended to chase the bats out of their belfry, but got distracted by the toys in the attic on the way up.
WWDDD?

Indeed I did.....and now I sit on a dusty, splintered floor surrounded by ancient toys of childhood fame.  Fascinated...mostly as to why I ever saw anything in this collection of what is generously described as junk.  There truly is no accounting for taste, and children's taste least of all.

The sibling below me tries to cultivate the tastes of children, as much as possible.

Aggie

Yes, I pre-season them by feeding them lots of garlic, and daily tarragon salads add a delicate flavour.  Now, some folks prefer to keep them immobilized and on a low-iron diet (like veal), but I think the taste is much improved by plenty of fresh air and sunshine.  The slight reduction in tenderness is not a major deal if one dry-cures the meat, which is quite a delicacy.

Oh wait... you said cultivate the tastes.

The sibling below me thinks the idea of eating children is disgusting (beyond one year of age).

WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I was going to say "If you feed them well, they taste well". In any case one year olds are the best of both worlds, being tender but no to greasy.

TSBM will overcome his fear to share children recipes.

pieces o nine

Will a teenager recipe do?

Ingredients:
1 teenager
1 well-stocked kitchen

Instructions:
Tell teenager what the menu is. Tell them to get in the kitchen and rattle them pots & pans until it is made. Serve with plenty of raised eyebrows, rolling eyes, dramatic sighing, and smatterings of allegations of child abuse.

Delicious!

The Sibling Below Me enjoys teen recipes not requiring shouting into a microphone grille from a car window.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Indeed I do.  Especially recipes that do not involve a plethora of teens, movie film, and no plot (but lots of near-nudity and potty humor)....

The sibling below me is fascinated by some of those new birth-control ads that are showing up lately...

Swatopluk

I am more fascinated (in a car crash kind of way) with the recent utterings of Gloria von Thurn und Taxis on the topic (soon to be the new prophetess of abstinence-only with a (not actually) slight topping of racism*).

The sibling below me wants to see a fistfight between Chelsea Clinton and Bristol Palin (after delivery and convalescence of course).

*an unkind paraphrase would be: "Don't trust condoms. AIDS would not be such a problem if those niggers were not so fond of fucking." Of course she did not use the n-word or the f-word but the meaning was the same
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Nope, I have nothing against Chelsea.

TSBM Would like Obama to call Chelsea to his campaign.

Pachyderm

He could call in Kensington and Knightsbridge as well. Better leave Millwall be, though.

TSBM will now paraphrase Euclid.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Pie are not ROUND, Pie are SQUARE.   

Yet, many folk in the badlands could not get this simple mathematical concept past their preconceived ideas for some reason.

The sibling below me will now point out that cornbread are not round, either... (except in muffin form, obviously)

Swatopluk

Complete regular roundness is impossible except at fully symmetric sinks or sources of gravity in absence of angular momentum.

The sibling below me will show what factors have been left out in that claim.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

pieces o nine

I would, except that I was sidetracked by all the pie and cornbread round here...

The Sibling Below Me will properly take up Swatos' invitation.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Oh, I would, but my mouth's full of cornbread N beans.   (suggestive sales and all that...but better keep upwind tomorrow, just in case...)

The sibling below me makes cornbread the old fashioned way, by hand-grinding the dried corn first.