News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

End of Daze

Started by Aphos, May 26, 2008, 09:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aphos

On Topix, on a thread entitled, "The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster / Faith with a side of Parmesan", there is a poster calling himself "As God intended" that has announced several times  that God has informed him that Wednesday will be the last day of Earth.  So...You have been warned!!!

:smite:

You can see his posts here...

http://www.topix.net/forum/news/evolution/TULM91K0RGQ4I9S1V/p40#lastPost
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Griffin NoName

I don't like to be picky, but is that earth that's going, or merely homo sapiens ? I couldn't be bothered to read it in depth.

He may be muddling things up with the TV show tonight about Life on Earth After Humans Go.

Anyway, I think it's more likely to be the 31st not the 28th. Though it may begin to disintegrate on 28th and take 3 days. Depends on how long it took to create it in the first place.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Good, I have to get up early on Thursday to catch a flight & will be away from home for a few days.  Better to have it happen Wednesday.

EDIT:  Read the posts pointed to by the link and I'm not sure the world is going to end...  rather, it appears that God is just going to look away for the day and one should have a free pass to sin. :devil2:

WWDDD?

beagle

I spent a week in Manchester once.  The end of the World can start to seem surprisingly attractive.
The angels have the phone box

water nymph

Quote from: Aphos on May 26, 2008, 09:00:25 PM
On Topix, on a thread entitled, "The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster / Faith with a side of Parmesan", there is a poster calling himself "As God intended" that has announced several times  that God has informed him that Wednesday will be the last day of Earth.  So...You have been warned!!!

:smite:

You can see his posts here...

http://www.topix.net/forum/news/evolution/TULM91K0RGQ4I9S1V/p40#lastPost
There sure are some 'unique' people in topix land.  Sheesh, I can't get my best dress out of the cleaners on time.  Thanks for the warning so I can go to plan B on my End of Daze dress.
Love Light and Laughter to all
Live, Laugh, Love

water nymph

Quote from: Griffin NoName on May 26, 2008, 09:11:59 PM
I don't like to be picky, but is that earth that's going, or merely homo sapiens ? I couldn't be bothered to read it in depth.

He may be muddling things up with the TV show tonight about Life on Earth After Humans Go.

Anyway, I think it's more likely to be the 31st not the 28th. Though it may begin to disintegrate on 28th and take 3 days. Depends on how long it took to create it in the first place.
Half-life of creation is 3 days.  Guess that is about right for the end.
I may have time to get my dress from the cleaners after all.
Love Light and Laughter to all
Live, Laugh, Love

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: water nymph on May 27, 2008, 12:35:13 AM
Half-life of creation is 3 days.
:offtopic:
Ohh, but the last installment of Half-Life took almost 3 years! ;)
/ :offtopic:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on May 27, 2008, 04:21:29 AM
I love you, Zono, I really do.

Oooh, I'm looking forward to Wednesday, then, either way. It'll either be faaar too much fun, or pretty.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

water nymph

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on May 27, 2008, 04:21:29 AM
/ :offtopic:
In that case, I think I'll go shopping.
Live, Laugh, Love

Griffin NoName

I'm going to go out in style in a limo. ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

Dang. Now I'm conflicted. We were gonna put tires on Dan's car...should we?

All I know is, if it gets me out of taking Mom to the doctor on Thursday, it MIGHT be worth it!!!

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
This sig area under construction.

Opsa

Foo. I should have read this thread earlier. Now I find that all that deadline catching-up I did this morning was for nothing.

Eh well... looks like I might as well set up the Pseudo-Bar for Water Nymph. Drinks will be on the house. 

Bluenose

well, it's already Wednesday over here.  Nothing much happening, although it is raining little.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

Whose Wednesday is it, anyway?

Rain is good. Unless this is another one of those ark situations. Drat. I suppose we should have gotten the Toadfish yacht ready by now, but we were too busy partying. Repent! No, too late for that. Party some more!

Griffin NoName

We still have time for the half hour argument as to whether we should have a Toadfish Yacht or a Toadfish Ark.

What with Beagle, Goat, and Pachy, I vote for the Ark. does a yacht have a poop deck?
Psychic Hotline Host