News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

End of Daze

Started by Aphos, May 26, 2008, 09:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Griffin NoName on May 28, 2008, 02:08:58 AM
We still have time for the half hour argument as to whether we should have a Toadfish Yacht or a Toadfish Ark.

What with Beagle, Goat, and Pachy, I vote for the Ark. does a yacht have a poop deck?

Poop deck?  I thought you sorta used the railing-like.   What?  Thas' not what she meant?

Why call it a poop deck, then?   At least it outa have a kitty litter box or sumpin'

Why not an Ark, then....would be simpler.   But, I'm NOT going to clean below deck.  Unless the animals are litter-trained, that is.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

I say we invade Sealand, overthrow their government and declare war on somebody.

Hey, why not? Then we can go on holidays and let them try to find us.
This sig area under construction.

water nymph

Quote from: Opsanus tau on May 27, 2008, 07:09:45 PM
Foo. I should have read this thread earlier. Now I find that all that deadline catching-up I did this morning was for nothing.

Eh well... looks like I might as well set up the Pseudo-Bar for Water Nymph. Drinks will be on the house. 
Weeehooo.  Good Morning and thanks.
I think I'm gonna like this place.
Live, Laugh, Love

water nymph

Quote from: Griffin NoName on May 28, 2008, 02:08:58 AM
We still have time for the half hour argument as to whether we should have a Toadfish Yacht or a Toadfish Ark.

What with Beagle, Goat, and Pachy, I vote for the Ark. does a yacht have a poop deck?
I think we can just use the pontoon.  It's Wednesday here, and I'm picking my grandson up from school as soon as he finishes finals today.
Ya'll are welcome to come on out here and tour the lake with us.
Live, Laugh, Love

water nymph

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on May 28, 2008, 07:25:06 AM
I say we invade Sealand, overthrow their government and declare war on somebody.

Hey, why not? Then we can go on holidays and let them try to find us.
Personally, I'd rather invade, declare peace on them and get back on the pontoon boat and continue the lake tour.
War is so much trouble.  And not neat, either.  I like neat.
Live, Laugh, Love

Bluenose

Well, Wednesday's just about had it over here, so if there's going to be an apocalypse it better hurry up.  I'm beginning to think perhaps the warning was just possibly in error.  Who'd have thought?
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

ivor

Quote from: water nymph on May 28, 2008, 10:37:49 AM
Personally, I'd rather invade, declare peace on them and get back on the pontoon boat and continue the lake tour.

We could just declare victory and have a parade.  I'll notify the media.   :mrgreen:

water nymph

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on May 28, 2008, 04:33:42 PM
Quote from: water nymph on May 28, 2008, 10:37:49 AM

We could just declare victory and have a parade.  I'll notify the media.   :mrgreen:
When you notify the media, be sure to tell them we came, we saw, we declared peace,  and then victory. 
It will be novel to say the least.
Parade?  Awwright!  May I ride the pony, huh.  Huh, may I puleeeze?
Live, Laugh, Love

Opsa

Okay. But I want to ride in a Big Daddy Roth crazy car. A Toadfishmobile. With fins!

There've been some spronky things going on, but so far we're still here.

Saranac Otter

Quote from: Bluenose on May 28, 2008, 02:50:22 PM
Well, Wednesday's just about had it over here, so if there's going to be an apocalypse it better hurry up.  I'm beginning to think perhaps the warning was just possibly in error.  Who'd have thought?
Over on the thread he backtracked and said it wasn't supposed to be a warning - lol.  Well his/her record is still better than the Millerites.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Indeed.

Perhaps God decided to bother someplace else for today, hmm?

Damn, wasted today then.  ;)
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Aphos

Well, it's almost Wednesday evening here, and still no sign of the apocalypse.  There WAS a big ball of fire up in the sky all day, but I seem to recall seeing it before.

--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Perhaps Betelgeuse went nova, in which case we will notice in 427 years... ::) ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Saranac Otter

I think the only major thing that happened is major embarrassment when the "prophecy" didn't pan out.

Bluenose

You would think so, but I rather suspect that this unfortunate person is in real need of professional help.  Doubt that he will seek it, however.  The first step on the way to healing that sort of thing is to be able to admit to less than personal perfection, I saw little of that with this bloke.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.