News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

I'm here now. Use this to tell everyone you are here!

Started by The Meromorph, September 21, 2006, 08:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling DavidH

Welcome!  If Scrib sent you, doubly welcome.  Add more welcome to that because you're a writer.
Warnings:
   1) the squidlings.
   2) the moat.
   3) anything I tell you.
   4) Cthulthu is never far away.

What do we call you?  Bob?

RobertMason

Feel free to call me anything. :) I'm never very much concerned with names, so long as I'm aware that it's being addressed to me. I appear to accumulate nicknames like old ladies accumulate cats.
Whitemarbleblock.blogspot.com

Stories, story ideas, and other things usually having to do with stories.

Sibling DavidH

OK - have a nice pirate avatar entirely free of charge and be Cap'n Mason.

On the other hand, maybe that's not quite your style.... :mrgreen:

RobertMason

Perfectly fine with the name and avatar, good sir.

Aggie

Welcome aboard!

If you spend a lot of time taking care of your siblings, I daresay you're a natural fit here.  ;)
WWDDD?

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Quote from: Aggie on July 08, 2010, 08:25:40 PM
Welcome aboard!

If you spend a lot of time taking care of your siblings, I daresay you're a natural fit here.  ;)
That was my thought!

I nearly forgot: If Blue nose gives it to you, do not eat it.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Darlica

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling DavidH

@ Robert - I was half joking with the avatar and the name.  If you really like it, be my guest, but if you find something better then I assure you I won't be offended!  ;D

I found the  pirate on my hard drive in .png format (static).  I've no idea where it came from or if it belongs to anybody.  I animated it for fun.

Bluenose

Avaaarst, Cap'n Mason, me hearty!  Ye be welcome 'ere an' no mistake.  Wuld ye be feelin' loike a wee dram o' the Captain's Delight XO?  Oi thawt so.  Prehaps ye might loike sumtin ter eate whil ye be drinkin, Oi think there might be sum ot the fische hedde stewe lying aroun' 'ere sumwhere.  Oi'm shure there were sum left over after the last New Year's Eve party in the cloisters.  Yarr! there it be, and a noice redd cowe sanwidge an' all!  Ye be in lucke!

????

...Cap'n Mason?

...where'd 'e go?
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

RobertMason

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on July 09, 2010, 08:43:45 AM
@ Robert - I was half joking with the avatar and the name.  If you really like it, be my guest, but if you find something better then I assure you I won't be offended!  ;D

Well, I've got nothing better to put up at the moment, so I'll keep it there for the time being.

Sibling DavidH

Quote from: ScribIf Blue nose gives it to you, do not eat it.

You have been warned!

Darlica

Don't be unjust, the fishhead stew is a BB special. :P
Capt'n Bluenose special is the XO rum, with that alcohol %, while your liver may pray for mercy, you're not going to catch any bacterial infestations or poisonings due to bacterial toxins... ;D

:toasted:

Take a look around, you may find some amusing threads. :)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Lindorm

Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Bluenose

Quote from: Darlica on July 09, 2010, 06:41:55 PM
Don't be unjust, the fishhead stew is a BB special. :P
Capt'n Bluenose special is the XO rum, with that alcohol %, while your liver may pray for mercy, you're not going to catch any bacterial infestations or poisonings due to bacterial toxins... ;D

:yar: Ye be roight there, nuffin in the Captain's Delight XO to harm ye.  An' Oi find that the ratte poison speshul hingeredient 27 expeshully yuseful fer killin the buggs.  No wun ever got kilt by the bakteerial toxins from drinkin Captain's Delight XO Oi can ashure ye.  Drink up!

<makes exit, heads back to pirate threads>
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

Ahoy thar Cap'n Mason! Glad ter have yer aboard!

... if yer survives the stew...