News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

I'm here now. Use this to tell everyone you are here!

Started by The Meromorph, September 21, 2006, 08:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Hmmm, good idea! Maybe we could create one.

I'm guessing that some real-life toadfish bury under the muck to rest sometimes.

Lindorm

Or being buried in the muck that is my workplace situation at the moment, as is my case currently.
Blergh. 
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Opsa

Mikey66

Hi everyone....My name is Mike....I heard about this site on the civility project website....Thought I'd hang with some folks who aren't angry, or hateful....Might be a pleasant change.....I live in Dallas and there's a LOT of incivility in this area....Seems like folks don't have time to be nice to each other anymore....What a shame...Looking forward to interacting with you all.... :P

Aggie

WWDDD?

The Meromorph

Quote from: Mikey66 on December 30, 2009, 02:31:23 AM
Hi everyone....My name is Mike....I heard about this site on the civility project website....Thought I'd hang with some folks who aren't angry, or hateful....Might be a pleasant change.....I live in Dallas and there's a LOT of incivility in this area....Seems like folks don't have time to be nice to each other anymore....What a shame...Looking forward to interacting with you all.... :P

Welcome Home, Miike.  Welcome home.  :grouphug: :Tcup:
Dances with Motorcycles.

Bluenose

G'day Mike.  Greetings and salutations from the other side of the Pacific ditch.

The Monastery is a friendly place, but be carful you don't step on any squidlings as you  explore the darker recesses.  Their bite is worse than their bark!  :mrgreen:
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Darlica

Hi Mike and welcome!

We might get angry around here too, but seldom at each other. :P

This place is a bit labyrinth like with a lot of sub-forums, take a good look around and if there is anything you wonder about just us the Personal Message (PM) button and message a Guardian (mod) or any other member for that matter.  :)

Welcome!
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Opsa

Glad you're here, Mike!

We're rather a lot sillier than the Civility site, in some threads, but we have serious discussions as well. Please feel free to post anywhere.

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Lindorm

Welcome, Mike!

I think this site shows that you can be angry and upset about things, or discuss some very serious issues, but still be civil and respectful in your argumentation -which I think is a much more constructive way to go about things. It also has it's fair share of silliness and fun!

Hope you enjoy the Monastery!
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

beagle

Welcome. 

Personally I'm working towards civility but seem to have got stuck somewhere just West of snide urbanity.  It's more fun and you get to wear a smoking jacket, until Opsa catches you.

The angels have the phone box

Lindorm

Quote from: beagle on January 01, 2010, 10:18:57 PM
Welcome. 

Personally I'm working towards civility but seem to have got stuck somewhere just West of snide urbanity.  It's more fun and you get to wear a smoking jacket, until Opsa catches you.

Well, what do you expect when you strut around in a smoking jacket before noon?  :stick:  ;D
K.Tucholsky (1930)

beagle

Quote from: Lindorm on January 02, 2010, 09:29:20 AM
Well, what do you expect when you strut around in a smoking jacket before noon?  :stick:  ;D

Beagle's law applies. The sun is always over the yardarm somewhere.
The angels have the phone box