News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pirate Quiz Night

Started by Griffin NoName, February 06, 2008, 09:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

Oi be totally confused, loike.

Do ye ave a team fer confused noobs, and if so, who be the cap'n? Or arrr we on arrr own to flounder about, as it were, wile all ye blaggards post nonsense and larf amunkst yerselves?

(Oi be a dab hand at Trivial Pursuit, as long as there be no swiving sporrrts questions, so any team wot needs a sporrrts-defishunt pirate, fire a shot across me bow.)

That's  across  me bow ye blaggards; oi've just had the decks sanded and varnished...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Pachy, Oi fink ye bin talkin' ter Sadiq Khan MP. ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bruder Cuzzen

Quote from: pieces o nine on February 07, 2008, 11:39:17 PM

That's  across  me bow ye blaggards; oi've just had the decks sanded and varnished...

VARNISH ! Argh ! I'm sticking to tar an oil ...opps I be standing still to long...  ARGH ! now I really be stuck to oil and tar .

Pachyderm

Who, me?

Ye tek that roight back, young Missy. Oi'm an honest poirate, me. Oi 'asn't spoke ter a polly-tician in me puff! Oi 'as no truck wif th' loikes o' them.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Griffin NoName

Aaaaaaargh!!! Pachy, young tar!  That be a spirited denial. Oi fink Oi proved me point!

P09 ye be no more confused than anywun els. 'cept Pachy. 'e not be confused at all, despite 'im protest as much as 'e loike. An that BB wot be a leaky vessel.

Bakk ter ther quiz.

Four Eyes.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bruder Cuzzen

DaveL

YArrrrr...

I loved Limahl's (the lead singer's) 'Never ending story' but Kaja's 'Too Shy Too Shy' kicked arggghh-se (arse).
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

The Meromorph

Oi finks the kwestshun wuz "what be the diffrence atween Wee-Wee and Wii-Wii?"
Dances with Motorcycles.

Bruder Cuzzen

Griffin NoName

Nope.
Question for the answer to what is the question is : how to persecute cabin bioys wearing spectalces.

Answer to the question causing the answer: was three bottoms the only strange thing about Athur ?

==============================================================

round three: tie breaker. (ladies, we will accept scarves)

What was Leigton Buzzaed famous for before it had GP surgeries?
Psychic Hotline Host

DaveL

Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Griffin NoName

DaveL enters the quiz with an excellent understanding of the rules. 10 points to DaveL.

Round 6:

phosphorescence
Psychic Hotline Host

Black Bart

Ha harr...I knows this one:

The question to the anser be:

What shines out in the night loik a stream o Bat's Piss?

Ans: Phosforess...thingy.
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Griffin NoName

25 points to Black Bart.

Scury.
Psychic Hotline Host

Black Bart

Arrrgh...be that scurry or scurvy?
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night