News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Lion Proverbs

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, August 26, 2007, 07:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

I grow old ... I grow old ...          
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.   

Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?   
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.   
I have heard the lions singing, each to each.   

I do not think that they will sing to me.

Swatopluk

7 Tips on How to Survive a Lion Attack

Try to make yourself appear larger than you really are. Lions are fairly lazy on the whole and if you look like a challenge, the chances are that the lion will treat you as such and be less inclined to attack. Things that might help increase your physical size appearance include:

Raising your hands above your head and keeping them there.

Pitching your jacket between your raised hands to look like a sail, and hopefully a bigger you.

Widening your stance gently and not so much as to overbalance.

Don't spend too long attempting this; it probably won't work that well.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Opsa on May 22, 2013, 02:52:40 PM
I grow old ... I grow old ...           
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.   

Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?   
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.   
I have heard the lions singing, each to each.   

I do not think that they will sing to me.

Love that pome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like lions. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Lions treat us as equals.

~Sir Winston Churchill
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

May it be an evening lion
Shines down upon you
May it be when lions fall
Your heart will be true...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

Retreat very slowly backwards, continuing to face the lion. As you walk backwards, maintain eye contact. Never turn your back; this just makes it really easy for the lion to see a clear leaping space without eye contact to disarm him.

pieces o nine

Like a clock whose hands are sweeping
Past the minutes on its face
And the world is like a lion
Whirling silently in space
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Swatopluk

Clap, shout, and wave your arms. This isn't normal prey behavior, so this will confuse it, and give the lion the illusion that you are one noisy nuisance that needs to be avoided. Unfortunately, this conflicts with the next piece of advice, which is to avoid making sudden movements. So you'll need to clap and shout without being too effusive in the process.

Griffin NoName

Lions in America take in over forty billion dollars a year and spend very little on office supplies.

~ Woody Allen
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Ready yourself for an attack. Most of the time a first and possibly even later charges are only a warning, but not always. Listen for a deep growling roar just prior to a charge. This means that you need to be prepared to do whatever you can to fight off the lion.

If a lion does charge you, then hold your ground, remain standing and do not bolt. Instead, clap your hands, wave your arms (no need to worry about sudden moves anymore, it's defend yourself time) and make noise like shouting.

If need be, fight back with whatever you have to hand, such as sticks, rocks, your backpack, your belt, your safari pack, your binoculars, whatever. Throw as hard as you can and aim for the face, the eyes and anywhere else likely to cause pain.

Lions will go for your throat; by staying standing and fighting back (punching, kicking, hitting with objects, etc.), you may survive––there are accounts of people having done so this way.

Only run if there is enough space between you, the lion and safety. Judging that is contextual.

Griffin NoName

It isn't necessary to have lions in Kansas City in order to be unhappy.

~Groucho Marx
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Tips

Obey all the rules in safari parks. The rules are there to protect you; disobey them at your own risk.
Lions are powerful, beautiful animals. Take all necessary precautions to stay out of their way and let them live as nature intended. Especially as a tourist or visitor to Africa, don't do stupid things like walking alone or unaided in lion country, and going where you haven't a clue what's going on.

pieces o nine

Not knowing when the lion will come I open every door.
~Emily Leo Dickinson

Swatopluk

Tips

Obey all the rules in safari parks. The rules are there to protect you; disobey them at your own risk.
Lions are powerful, beautiful animals. Take all necessary precautions to stay out of their way and let them live as nature intended. Especially as a tourist or visitor to Africa, don't do stupid things like walking alone or unaided in lion country, and going where you haven't a clue what's going on.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

May the lion be with you.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Warnings

If you see a lion with baby cubs, know that they are extra protective and should be given lots of space.
    Be very cautious at night time. Lions are not as afraid of humans at nighttime.
    Never trek in lion country without an experienced guide.
    If you see a wild lion, do not approach it, ever. You can get close ups through your camera lens.