News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Sibling Below Me...

Started by DaveL, October 03, 2006, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

Nah, I always have an upset tummy. It's part of the package deal...(And i'm just glad you're here so I can watch your antics from afar.)

The sibling below me has a nefarious plot in mind for the first person that brings cold germs in...
This sig area under construction.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Yesss. Because, so far, the only cold-weather ailment I'm suffering from is allergy to dust (got a snootful the other day of a particular flavor of drywall dust that sent home to bed for 3 days ... clogged my chest something fierce ... and the inhaler only lasts an hour *sigh*)

If someone actually gives me the flu or a cold ... well, I just got a shiny new barrel for my bird-hunting shotgun ...   :2guns:

(but I AM going to test my new "get well" theory.  Lots of soup - as much as I can eat, soup.  For the liquid and the calories.  I've a theory that you need to feed a cold AND feed a fever; basically, fuel your body's "engine", the better to fight back.)

The sibling below me LIKES soup on a cold day even more than I do
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bluenose

Quite true, especially home made (by me) lamb shank and vegetable soup with plenty of pearl barley in it - YUM!!!

On the other hand the sibling below me likes to go fishing, but usually only catches a cold.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

DaveL

Tis true Bluenose. I haven't caught a fish since I was a wee laddie. All I do now is get baited - the fish see a free meal whenever I'm around. 'Oooh it's Dave again - awesome, free prawns!'

The Sibling below me dives into the water chasing the bait.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Black Bart

Yes I might as well...I too am a rubbish fisherman, couldn't catch a cold etc etc...

The sibling below me is the reincarnation of the egyptian god Osiris.
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Opsa

I am feeling kinda wooden.

(Egyptian mythology joke! Yok yok!)

Somehow or other the Sibling below me got through Halloween without being drowned or burned at stake.

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Yup.  The neighbors came after me with torches and pitchforks, but I turned 'em all into newts.   ;D

The sibling below me considers him/herself a gourmet engine block chef.

(I have only ever caught one fish and it was dead before I caught it.  I cast out and somehow managed to snag it by chance)

Exahust-Pipe Ribs!  Yummm! Radiator Baked Potato!  Good Stuff.*

The sib below me is thinking, "this is going too far, really"

* no, really. Someone even wrote a book about cooking next to the engine block ...

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

".. so let's take it further!  Anybody got BBQ sauce...?"  ;)

The person below me wants to be first in line as a taste tester.  And they *will* make 'yummy noises' or watch me pout.
:(
lol
Insanity takes it's toll; please have correct change.

DaveL

Oooh yes, especially at a Belgian Brewery.

The Sibling below me wants to be a professional underwater hockey player.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Swatopluk

Since I was a bit unsuccessful with underwater flintlock shooting contests (and got disqualified by spiking my powder with LiAlH4 a few times)...

The sibling below me will find out who actually invented a working underwater cannon (using completely normal gun powder).
Hint: Also an inventor of a working method to float sunken wrecks and pioneer of modern submarines.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

As far as I'm concerned, the inventor of the submarine is David Bushnell, who wrote drawings of The American Turtle, which is not a marine reptile.

The sibling below me disagrees, and thinks its really Jules Verne, author of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Sibling Chatty

Actually, I think it was Leonard of Quirm. The Patrician thinks so, too.

The sibling below me is already finished with their End of the Calendar Year Festive Holiday Season shopping.
This sig area under construction.

Seeing as how I don't actually buy stuff, but give things I've made, recorded or constructed myself, then, yes-yes I have.

The sibling below me likes to watch the SciFi channel show StarGate

Swatopluk

lacking a TV set this would be difficult, even if I had any inclination to do so.

The sibling below me has problems to shout Iä Shub Niggurath in public.

----
Btw, the underwater gunner, ship-lifter and pioneer of modern submarines was Wilhelm Bauer (also the first to escape from a sunken submarine alive several hours after the sinking, builder of the first iron ship in Germany etc.)

Another interesting guy is Corneli(u)s van Drebbel, who built a working submersible, invented an air conditioner and probably found first the chemicals used in modern fuses (17th century)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.