News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Sibling Below Me...

Started by DaveL, October 03, 2006, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Certainly keeps you in shape! You have to be fast to play.

The sibling below me uses Zerg Rushes to get what they want.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Hmmm. Never ever played Starcraft - not a fan of that style of game (warcraft soured me on it)  So, Zerg Rushes is not likely a strategy I'd use ...

The sibling below me (just like I did) had to google "zerg rushes"

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bluenose

Yeah, why don't they just bring back Space Quest?  Roger Wilco is my hero...

The sibling below me only ever eats scallops on Wednesdays
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Sibling Chatty

True, as we only go into Houston (generally) on Wednesdays, for my doctor's appointments, and folks around here would look at you like you'd grown another head if you asked about scallops. (Grocery or restaurant.)

The sibling below me prefers shrimp to scallops.
This sig area under construction.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Actually, that is true.  I like shrimp nearly ANY way it's prepared--except for peel-and-eat. I am NOT Tarzan, that I need to peel my food, before eating ... it's not THAT good. (I feel much the same way about bones-in sorts of foods.  Are we not civilized? Are there not ways to remove the actual BONES before eating? Tarzan likes to eat off the bones-- I do not.  :P :crabbie: )

The sibling below me thinks I am much too picky about bones-in foods.   ;D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

I am more picky with fishes. The RCC has a special saint to ask for not choking on fish bones though to my knowledge not one for bones from other animals.

The sibling below me did not know that the RCC once considered ducks as vegetables and therefore suitable to eat on fridays..
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

No, I didn't. Very weird.

The person below me wonders, as I do, what precisely goes through the minds of the RCC. 
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Bluenose

...well, having been brought up as good little catholic boy, been through the full thing, nuns, brothers, confirmation and all, I believe I am qualified to report that not very much does.  Generally it seems to be based on the idea that a bunch of old men dressed in bad frocks living in an ancient Italian city can do all your thinking for you.  In fact all the really important thinking has already been done, at least a couple of hundred years ago, by people called saint whatever his name was and there really is no need to indulge in any of that namby-pamby modern liberal excuse for thinking that everyone else seems to go in for these days.  ;)  :D

You may have guessed that I have changed my allegiance regarding the RCC since my boyhood.

The person below me has never eaten chocolate coated ants
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Swatopluk

No I limit myself to cockroach clusters and crunchy frogs (only genuine with lark's vomit).

The sibling below me will give the references to this.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

And in (almost) proper APA format, too:

Python, M.  (1969, November 23).  Monty Python's Flying Circus [Television Broadcast].  London: British Broadcasting Corporation.

;D

The sibling below me considers him/herself "uncanny", since he/she cannot fathom how to use a can opener.

Opsa

You are correct, suh! This is because I have little rubber flippers (more suited to toy sea turtles) for hands, which bend helplessly this way and that as I try to open cans or twist lids off jars.

The sibling below me wonders whether there is a small rubber sea turtle somewhere with a decent set of human hands attached where its flippers should be.

I am wondering that.

The sibling below me hates the Head-on commercial.

The Meromorph

I just can't figure out how you use it!

The sibling below me is passionate about used library books.
Dances with Motorcycles.

Vita Curator

Indeed, yes I am!  Not just used library books though, ALL books, new, used, classics, comedy, mystery, thriller, fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, biographies, autobiographies, children's lit, Brit Lit, heck even my old textbooks.  What is more, I treasure them like old friends and cannot bear to part with any of them!  :D

The sibling below me is known by all of their local librarians on a first name basis. 
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

I did!  And then we moved here...  Gotta make nice nice with my 'dealers'.  ;)

The sibling below me has been known to *gasp* dog-ear pages.
Insanity takes it's toll; please have correct change.