News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Sibling Below Me...

Started by DaveL, October 03, 2006, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Meromorph

Remember George W Bush?

The sibling below me wants to wash my mouth out with strong lye soap!
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

...and as I scrub, let me remind you of just how much he's done to improve the liberals' image, young man!!!!

;D

The sibling below me will try hard not to knock vegetarian abstainers from the festive turkey dinner. Turkeys are vegetarians too, ya know!

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

And very TASTY vegetarians they are!  ;D

( I was a vegetarian for several years for  health reasons--unfortunately, I need more protein that I could afford on strict vegetarian diet.  I still minimize my meat-intake however-- roughly 1/3 of what most folk's daily intake is.)

Tofurkey is pretty tasty, if prepared well.  ;D ;D

The wife of my sister-in-law's brother is a vegetarian, and when they come to the feast, she ALWAYS brings cool vegetarian-type foods.  There's NEVER ANY LEFTOVERS of HER cooking! :)

The sibling below me is looking forward to the traditional FOOD, but not the traditional CROWDS.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

True. There'll only be seven of us in a small apartment this year, instead of 38 spread all over Laurel and Stuart's house--while trying to fix 24 "go boxes" to take to the base gates.

The sibling below me has a begonia blooming in his fishbowl.
This sig area under construction.

Yup.  USED to have loads of fish - last aquarium was 40-50 gallons (I forget which).

Finally got rid of the fish, and raised several generations of water-turtles (when they reach 8-10" across, time to take them to the local lake, and locate another baby).

One year, couldn't find any baby turtles... aquarium got put away, and eventually broken.  So much for that ...

The sibling below me has an aversion to cadged animals of any sort-- including cadged human-animals.

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

Uh, yeah... that's right... (big smile)
So just, uh, step into this here funny looking metal box with strips of wall missing...

The sibling below me is against clubbing seals, but not going clubbing with them.
Insanity takes it's toll; please have correct change.

Sibling Chatty

I put a refrigeration unit in my handbag to carry their fish, since they don't have pockets. And their spare balance-ball is always in the car if we need it.

The sibling below me wants to learn to play Mary Had a Little Lamb on the bicycle horns like the seals do.

I would, but those rubber-bulb horns taste terrible.

The sibling below me has made a resolution:  this year, s/he is GOING to leave room for PIE!

Mmmmmm.  Piiiieeee.  *loud sounds of drooling*

Sibling Chatty

All I have to decide is whether I want pumpkin, sweet potato, pecan or peach... (Only 4 for here. I think I did 12 or so varieties for Fort Hood...even mincemeat *hork, gag, barf*)

WAIT!! I'ma make Nanner Puddin!!

The sibling below me is unaware of the specific delight that is Southern Style Banana Pudding.

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

In fact I am, since I stay away from most banana products (except my wife's banana bread!).

I just realized how long it's been since I've had mincemeat pie.  Chatty, the reason you don't like minemeat may be because you never had my grandmother's mincemeat pie.   :)

The sibling below me has a blood-tryptophan level that's so high that he/she isn't legal to drive.   ;D

Maybe.  We're doing the carbonized-flightless-bird-thing on Friday (tomorrow).

Today, we went with Chinese Food.  MMmmmm! Makes a NICE counter-point to mystery-food-stuffed-fowl. (can you tell, I'm not a big fan of turkey? <heh> )

The sibling below me, however, IS a big fan, and is SO looking forward to weeks of Turkey Sandwiches, Turkey Salad, Turkey Leftovers -- even Turkey Meatloaf!  MMMM!

Sibling Chatty

Nope, the rule is Small Turkey, LOTS of sharing. I'm good for one round of turkey sammiches and the  family tradition turkey and black bean (Texas style) soup. (Turkey and broth, black beans, Rotel tomatoes (diced tomatoes with LOTS of peppers of several kinds, usually used to make gringe queso dip) maybe some nopalitos strips if they're homepicked or not too 'spensive.) I serve it with tortilla chips floating on top, with shredded cheese and sour cream to add in.

The sibling below me has painted the walls green and the ceiling yellow in an effort to brighten up the winter.

Opsa

I haven't, but you know what? That's a DARNED good idea! I just might. I even have some left over green and yellow interior latex paint.  :)

The sibling below me is thinking of more of a pastel vermillion.

The Meromorph

As in one wall of our living room.  :)

The sibling below me wants more living room.
Dances with Motorcycles.

DaveL

I remember a dude (not) from the 1940's that wanted more 'Lebensraum'. The invasion of Russia didn't quite come off.

The Sibling below me likes getting tickled by ferrets.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!