News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Griffin NoName, September 11, 2007, 10:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darlica

Wait, I don't get this, are there different versions of that movie showing? Like one with real actors and one all CGI? ???

Me I was watching first 3 episodes of Firefly on DVD and I intend to watch at least 3 more to night.
Great science fiction, and with the only actor/celebrity that makes me swoon like a teenage fan girl (only I never really swooned over cute actors or other celebs in my teenage tears...) Nathan Fillion.
;D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

It is all in computer animation, in Swato's case it was the dubbing and the 3D glasses, what changed the versions.
---
I'm watching the computer screen... I don't feel like watching a movie now, perhaps sleeping one?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling Chatty

Contemplating watching Evil Roy Slade, quite possibly the funniest "faux Western" ever made. It has John Astin, what more do ya need?
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

Cranford (Elizabeth Gaskell). BBC extravaganza drama. Had poor ratings but I think it is excellent.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Last night a 5.5 hour performance of Napoleon (1927) by Abel Gance.
Officially it was the 4 hour cut but that would have meant 24 frames per second instead of the 16-18 of the original.
We got to see it at the latter speed (and therefore actually silent but that was no actual problem).
A monster of a film but truly fascinating. It covers only the period from Napoleon's schooldays to the start of his Italian campaign but also a lot of background stuff on the French revolution. A. Dieudonnè is clearly the best movie Napoleon ever.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Some Monty Python episodes on DVD
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: Swatopluk on December 11, 2007, 10:42:48 AM
Last night a 5.5 hour performance of Napoleon (1927) by Abel Gance.
Officially it was the 4 hour cut but that would have meant 24 frames per second instead of the 16-18 of the original.
We got to see it at the latter speed (and therefore actually silent but that was no actual problem).
A monster of a film but truly fascinating. It covers only the period from Napoleon's schooldays to the start of his Italian campaign but also a lot of background stuff on the French revolution. A. Dieudonnè is clearly the best movie Napoleon ever.

The FF Coppola remastered cut?

I saw it in New Orleans when it was on tour with Carmine Coppola directing his score...I even have a signed poster from the tour.

Late husb and I were doing an radio show on the arts--reviews and such--and were at the press conference. When Husband asked a question, Mr. Coppola said "Mama! (speaking to his wife, sitting to the side of the platform) He looks like Francie!! You look like my boy, Francie. Taller, but you look like him!" And he did sorta look like Francis Ford Coppola...

It's a beautifully done film, no matter which cut or re-master.
This sig area under construction.

Bruder Cuzzen

I've a Colbert Report re-run on the telly at the moment ,this installment has Ed Beagley Jr. ( a great friend of the Earth :thumbsup:) as a guest .

I'd love to see Dr. Colbert run for Prez , what a laugh riot the campaign would be. :D

Swatopluk

I think it was the Coppola cut (credit actually goes to Kevin Brownlow). Brownlow is still working on that film and has found another 90 minutes of footage (and higher quality copies of already included scenes). But there is a nasty copyright battles with the Coppolas, so the current best version has been seen only by rather few people in Britain and nowhere else.
What's aso remarkable about this film is that one is permanently guessing what is true history, what legend and what was made up but being unable to come to a conclusion in most cases. Some scenes were clearly topical (like the introduction of the Marseillaise or Napoleons first encounter with Josephine) but for example I simply can't say whether Napoleon really used the Tricolore as a makeshift sail. In most other "history" movies made-up parts stick out far more clearly (often it is the whole thing >:( ).

Griffin NoName

Documentary about the woman who wrote Girl With A One-Track Mind

Why does every generation think they discovered sex when evidence is to the contrary?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bruder Cuzzen

I just finished watching Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon @#$%& Ramsey.
That character just cracks me up .

Swatopluk

A documentary on the XIV. Dalai Lama

Bruder Cuzzen

The Princess Bride is on at the moment...what a laugh! ;D

Swatopluk

What actually? I know I watched something but can't remember what at the moment.
A lecture on current missions to the moon yesterday evening (it gets pretty crowded up there with the US, China, Japan, India, Russia and Europe sending probes. There could be a new race to the moon at the end of the next decade between China and the US (the Chinese consider 2018 for their first manned mission, the US consider 2020 for their return there).

Bruder Cuzzen

I just viewed Stephen Colbert's Roast routine at the '06 White House Correspondents Dinner . I can barely believe he is still on the air .